Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Digital Edition cant save or load files on Vista

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mkastrup

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:51 am    Post subject: Digital Edition cant save or load files on Vista Reply with quote

Installed both Analog and Digital today. Analog works fine with saving and loading presets but Digital Edition simply ignore these things.

Both Standalone and VST version of Digital Edition cant save or load using the FILE option within the synths. When opening with the FILE browser it shows the directory structure for a split second and then the structure disappear.

Here is one example:

I open up M1 standalone, press PROG (plays Universe) i change the pan to hard left. I press WRITE and write the program to User 001 00. I press BROWSER to check its there at user location 001 00. Its there, ok i close m1 down and reopen it, browsing user 1 and see that 001 00 is Init Program. Whats going on here ???

Another example:

I downloaded the Ultimate WS bank. When i wanted to browse the banks using Wavestation LOAD to Ram1 it just showed an empty directory struture. Not even the EmptyBank.wsram showed up ??

I've tried run it as administrator, in win xp, in win 98 modes and still no luck.

I'm on Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit, Core 2 Quad, Asio4all, 4 GB ram.

Could use some help here....
jumbojock

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just guessing but it sounds as if you're running in demo mode. Have you made sure that your licences are confirmed as such in the licence control centre? Like I said, just a guess...

jj
mkastrup

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx for the tip and yes the licenses was there according to License Control.

My next step was to remove syncrosoft and re-install it.

At some point before i decided to do that windows lost the driver for the USB dongle, guess the uninstall-reinstall over and over finally brought it to its knee.

With the new install of syncosoft the OLD install of Analog and Digital edition went crazy with some synths missing license. My other applications using Syncrosoft had no problems with detecting the dongle.

So i removed the old install and re-installed Analog and Digital Edition.

Now i'm back to square one, M1 and Wavestation behave just like before with not being able to load or save patches. Since all my other licenses have no problems i reckon this is a Korg issue only.

I'm utterly frustrated now.
dave

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael, I use a Mac and the only version of Windows I've ever seen the Korg stuff running on was XP. Plus, I'm not near my music machine right now so I'm working from memory.

With that out of the way, your first problem with the M1 seems to me might be caused by your closing the synth without first writing its memory contents to disk. The WRITE procedure you mention only stores the preset to the plug-in's memory, not to disk. So when you close it down and reinstantiate it, the M1 then loads its default data from file, which doesn't include your new User preset because you didn't save to disk. You have to first WRITE the preset, then save the bank.

I hope I haven't misunderstood your problem.

Your Wavestation trouble might be caused by the fact that there's a file/data type filter menu in the Open/Load dialog box which is easily overlooked. This needs to be set to the correct data type before those files on disk can be loaded.

Apologies if I'm misunderstanding your questions. I'll be in my studio tomorrow so if you're still in trouble I'll try to help if I can.

Kind regards.
mkastrup

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave

I'm aware of these things you mention but there really is something fishy going on here since i cant even see directory structure when browsing.

When i stick to the old vst presets mode with loading and saving using fxp and fxb then i can see things, but once i start to save using the file system within the Wavestation or M1 then directory shows for a split second and then it looks empty regardless of there is any type of wsram m1prog or whatever within that directory.

Now in the OLD days it wouldnt been that big a problem because you could just use fxp and fxb to import and export sounds but someone decided that this format had to go in Cubase 4. My only option is to import fxp and fxb into Cubase 4, Cubase 4 cant save to fxp or fxb anymore.

So in my situation i litterally have to work with the synth in standalone mode, do the adjustments to sounds, save them as fxp or fxb. Start up Cubase load the plugin, import the fxp or fxb.

That step needs to be done for EVERY adjustment i make....so its not going to happen.

Further more, the new save format in Cubase 4+ dosent work either.

Example, i can pull up a M1 program, edit PAN hard left on the program, save it in the new vstformat. Choose another patch, load the saved vstformat patch and it works. If however i do repeat this procedure twice or more then M1 ignores the loading.

The source to this behavior must have something todo with M1 and WS makes directories disappear when using the synths own file system.

The Analog Edition dont have these problems because its all internal about fxp and fxb.
dave

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. So it seems to be a combination of Cubase 4 limitations and Vista? I've seen other problems with saving Vista user presets in other plug-ins on the KVR site that had something to do with Microsoft's changing the default directory paths without informing anyone. If I recall correctly, it has something to do with a "virtualstore" directory. I understand that this may actually be invisible. Maybe check the Camel Audio and u-he support sub-forums?

I don't know why you can't do all the patch work you need to do in standalone mode, then save the bank before working inside Cubase. That's how I work whenever I play around with patch editing or the like. But as I said, I'm on Mac and DP.

The only other thing I can suggest to you is to phone tech support at your Korg country distributor and see if they can throw any light on the matter.

Sorry I can't help out more, Michael. The best of luck with solving this.

Kind regards.
mkastrup

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave

About the working in standalone mode and importing inside Cubase. My workflow is a bit like an engineer. I kinda sculpt sounds to fit a certain spot within an arrangement and the arrangement itself inspires me to take the sound design in different directions. Thats why i need it to work inside Cubase.

Ohh well i'll sit on this until more people experience the same problem.

Thanks for trying to help though Smile

/Michael
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: