Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Playing outdoors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dwpayne

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Playing outdoors Reply with quote

Hi everybody, I have a gig coming up where I will be playing outdoors,
in the manual, it says about keeping the PA800 away from external heat sources, ie radiators etc. My question will the sun affect it in any way?.
I know the touch screen will be difficult to read, but I was concerned in case the heat damaged the 800 in any way. Thank you in advance . Dave . Confused
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Playing outdoors Reply with quote

dwpayne wrote:
Hi everybody, I have a gig coming up where I will be playing outdoors,
in the manual, it says about keeping the PA800 away from external heat sources, ie radiators etc. My question will the sun affect it in any way?.
I know the touch screen will be difficult to read, but I was concerned in case the heat damaged the 800 in any way. Thank you in advance . Dave . Confused

Yes, it will effect it big time, if exposed to direct sun light in a hot day. I've seen this happen to the laptop and instruments of a company that i used to work for. We had a gig in palm springs california, and it was 118 degrees. That is extremely hot though. The symptoms are that you'll see your keyboard is getting and responding slower than usual, ...it starts to skip beats..etc

dwpayne

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sam, Thanks for your advice, I shall try to stay under any shade I can find. Dave .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: