Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

USB doesn't appear in Mac initial use HELP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
youdevil

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:25 pm    Post subject: USB doesn't appear in Mac initial use HELP Reply with quote

I just installed the Korg Digital Legacy software as directed, restarted, plugged in the USB key into the port on the back of my new iMac...and nothing happens! the USB doesn't appear on the desktop, in ABOUT THIS MAC DEVICES...nowhere!

if i can't find it, i cannot open it to enter the activation code.

arrrrgh. any suggestions?
dave

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The USB key doesn't appear on the desktop because it's not a conventional flash RAM device. I can't remember whether it appears in System Profiler's USB section (there is no section named "Devices") and I'm not near my music Mac to check.

In any event, you must use the License Control Centre software to communicate with the key. It should have been placed in your Applications folder when you installed the software. Note that you may have to update this software to the latest version.

Also note that if your iMac is an Intel model you will need to download and install the latest version of the KLC software. You'll find all the information you need on the Korguser website.

Kind regards.
youdevil

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks but i'm still at sea. i have core duo processor. is that intel? sounds like it.

i went to korguser but don't know which update i'm supposed to download. all i see is UNIVERSAL BINARY and JAGUAR in the mac downloads area. can someone give me a URL?

as for the APPLICATIONS, the License Control Center is there but when i click on it i see a bunch of key icons under the dropdown USB, but nothing happens when i click on them. they're just a list. and the window has no 'close' button, just a shrink button.

sorry to be dense. i've never worked with a dongle before!
dave

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the Core Duo is Intel -- I'm writing this on a Core Duo 2 iMac.

Universal Binary (which runs on both PPC and Intel Macs) v1.3.1 is the download you want. Jaguar is the code name for OS X 10.2.

The commands you need can be found in the menu-bar at the very top of the screen (not in the LCC GUI). Since I'm not at my music machine right now, and won't be again until Monday, I can't tell you which menu or which commands you need, but it should be fairly obvious once you take a look.

Kind regards.
youdevil

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

success! thanks so much. since i'm new to this world of dongles....what's the procedure and what are the consequences if i want to install the same CD software onto a laptop and use the same dongle on it?

can the same dongle be used on two machines? do i use the same activation number? ideally i just plug the dongle into whichever machine i want to use everytime i decide to use it...
dave

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the idea with the dongle is that you may install the software on as many computers as you like, but then you must plug in the dongle on whichever computer you wish to use at any given time.

I have my KLCs installed on two Macs. I don't think I had to activate for the second one since the license is now contained in the dongle -- but I could be misremembering since I did this so long ago.

So just install the software on your laptop and plug in the dongle, then try launching the software to see how you get on. I think you'll be OK.

Kind regards.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: