Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Official statement on the status and future of the OASYS
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jerrythek
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:30 pm    Post subject: Official statement on the status and future of the OASYS Reply with quote

I'm posting this on behalf of Korg Inc:

There have been a lot of inquiries and dialog regarding the status of the OASYS, and we would like to explain the OASYS current status and future. It is true that OASYS production has now finished. A number of distributors still have stock and so sales continue, but you will see this situation change across different markets as time goes by.

We always knew we were creating a more limited-market product for a smaller group of discerning musicians (you!) and we are pleased to have been able to deliver you this elite music-making tool. You have a wonderful musical instrument with which to realize your personal expression, the finest we have ever developed.

We have recently released some system tweaks/bug fixes and have plans for some more ongoing sound support, like the new sounds we just released.

We constantly get ideas/suggestions/requests for more features for the OASYS, but we cannot promise that any of these can be delivered. The current world economic situation affects us all, and we have to adapt our plans and channel our resources to best navigate these uncertain waters. We are proud of the OASYS and all that we have achieved with it, and thank all of the users and owners who shared in our vision of this superlative keyboard.

As always, we will announce further support only when it becomes available.
lcmorley

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the information Jerry.

And yes, the Oasys is the best keyboard out there, and I am sure will be for some time to come.

Those of us who have one also own a true piece of music history.

jerrythek wrote:

We constantly get ideas/suggestions/requests for more features for the OASYS

Just seems a shame that the only enhancement we asked for from day 1 has not been realised within the sequencer, and yet it made it's way into the M3. Sad

Please checkout my music at www.soundcloud.com/lcmorley

My Gear History (from 11 years old until now):
Yamaha PSR-31, Technics KN1000, Technics KN5000, Technics KN7000, Korg PA-80, Korg Triton Classic, Microkorg, Korg Triton Studio, Alesis Ion, Korg Legacy Collection, Korg Triton Extreme, Roland Juno D, Access Virus TI 2, Korg M3, Korg Oasys, Roland TR-8, Korg Kronos 2 88 Platinum.

Last edited by lcmorley on Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:52 pm; edited 3 times in total
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so glad you waited till the 2nd of April to post this statement.. Laughing

I'm sure its some reassurance to all the Doubters and sceptics of the Future of the Oasys...
SoulBe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for clearing the situation Jerry.

Let´s wait what the future will bring, at least we have to expect some more sounds from Korg and third party like Karo for the best Workstation ever. Very Happy

SoulBe
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a million Jerry.

You have no idea how much pressure this will take from moderating the forum. The amount of threads closed, split, moderated and people warned off has been too much to deal with at times. It's has been constantly ongoing and to see something official on this now will finally put things to rest once people get over the fact that they have to accept this.

Granted as an end user I too will have to say this is very bad news as I'd like to see things being developed for the OASYS like an updated sequencer and so on, but it's not going to effect me in the slightest with regards to what I already have.

I love the OASYS for all it is, and if I have to live with it as it stands, then boy am I still one lucky guy to own one.

Best workstation ever..!!!!

Kind Regards.
Sharp.
spalding12

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you for your message
it's EXACTLY as i thought and posted
i wish you'd announced it a few days ago
since you've known this FOR MONTHS
it wasn't fair to HOLD THIS INFO BACK....
in fact... considering the HIGH-PRICE "OPEN ARCHITECTURE" nameplate of the oasys.....

it's important for us to know that KORG just can no longer AFFORD to update this device

sad...
but..... in these times..... completely expected
what will suck worse... is if you guys... when the economy DOES rebound.....
come out with the OASYS 2....
the updates of which are NO compatible with OUR OASYS

Last edited by spalding12 on Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
jerrythek
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Spaulding:

Across a number of threads and forums you seem very "concerned" about Korg's economic viability these days. Please don't be worried, we are a strong and vital company. Everyone has to adjust and navigate through these economic times, and it comes with some pain, to be sure. But Korg has weathered 44+ years and seen a number of upturns and downturns, and lived to play on. And play on we will!!

Regards,

Jerry
spalding12

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerrythek wrote:
Hi Spaulding:

Across a number of threads and forums you seem very "concerned" about Korg's economic viability these days. Please don't be worried, we are a strong and vital company. Everyone has to adjust and navigate through these economic times, and it comes with some pain, to be sure. But Korg has weathered 44+ years and seen a number of upturns and downturns, and lived to play on. And play on we will!!

Regards,

Jerry

thank you for this reassurance jerry
it means the world to ALL OF US....
i'll allay the fears of my beloved M1.... as well

I LOVE KORG

thank you
kenackr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry,

Thanks for the the disclosure. It is appreciated.

I too am saddened to hear production has ended, but all things do come to an end.

Thanks to the entire team at Korg for making what I believe is the greatest instrument on the face of the planet. I still have a great deal to learn about it but I'm in no rush. I think the journey is more important than the destination. Now if I could only figure out how to port it on my new Road King I'll be all set. Laughing

Ken
peter m. mahr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry,

thanks for these open words.

There should be no doubt about OASYS being the best ever built keyboard. Everyone who has one and digs into its depths will agree. No doubt, there are also some limitations but still OASYS is to me the best ever built electronic instrument. I remember the day when I first touched a Synclavier ... the logical consequence was to get one instrument with similar possibilities one day. I got it and it says "KORG OASYS" on it. Very Happy

I know this is very egoistic Wink but I wish you and all at KORG all the best and hope to see some KORG developments in the future... not that I miss much at the moment. But what one does not know cannot be missed. What I want to say is, that I am optimistic to see some great KORG instruments in the future. Why? Because what R&D developed for OASYS (to me one, if not the best FM synth ever, or STR-1, etc.).. or let me say it the other way around, I am quite sure time did not stand still for R&D there are other projects in the pipeline for a time when global economy is better again. And if not... I even did not scratch the surface of MOD-7 and sooo many other features that are already there.

I am glad that you on behalf of KORG posted here.

All the best
Peter
EJ2
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Jerry. I love my OASYS and I love Korg. While I am disappointed that our beloved OASYS has finished production, for me, I still have more than a few years of projects lined up for the OASYS which will dovetail very nicely with the M3 and KARMA-M50. AND, I am comforted by the fact that I have the best damn synth workstation in the world as it is. No question about that.

Finally, out of all the major music instrument manufacturers, there is only one that has provided a fantastic array of support that I have come to seriously appreciate - that's Korg and all of its branches, especially (in my case) Korg USA and Korg Canada. A big thank you and full round of applause. Applause Applause Applause

Now, back to combi creation. Laughing

Cheers,
Eric

CATALYST v 2 Blast of Inspiration for KRONOS & OASYS: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/catalyst2.html
CATALYST v 1 Combi Explosion for KRONOS, OASYS, M3, & K-M50: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/catalyst1.html
CHEMISTRY 3, a Groove Injection for Your Karma: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/chem3.html
SoundCloud MP3 Demoshttps://soundcloud.com/ej2-sc
tonybanks

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot to Jerry and Korg for letting us clearly know about Oasys.
Of course there's a bit of sadness, but I believe that Jerry and Korg are sincere saying Oasys is "the finest -keyboard- we have ever developed".
So now I will enjoy my "vintage-most-powerful-workstation-ever".

Hope, in a middle term future, that Korg might consider to open the system to thirdy parts.......
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can safely say that I appreciate the sentiment and time taken to present such a statement, but I can't say I am really any clearer on whether or not there will be future developments with regards to the software on the Oasys. Presumably it's considerably less likely to be the 'platform for innovation' it was once touted to be..

It's sad news indeed. Yes, I do understand the economic climate is not great for Korg but it's not exactly showering blessings on us either (I speak from experience). So I am very sensitive to the fact that the 8K I invested doesn't feel as if it really went as far as I'd hoped even allowing for the prevailing conditions.

Of course, I cannot disagree that the Oasys is a very fine instrument as it stands. It is a privilege to own one but the privilege was not just given to us by Korg, but also earned through our own endeavours too. I am disappointed that the statement contains no note of apology given that is the case.

Thanks for hearing my personal thoughts.

Now, onwards ... these are not the times to dwell on such things and there are still many years of music making left in this fantastic instrument Smile

Daz.
Davidb
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lcmorley wrote:

jerrythek wrote:

We constantly get ideas/suggestions/requests for more features for the OASYS

Just seems a shame that the only enhancement we asked for from day 1 has not been realised within the Sequencer, and yet it made it's way into the M3. Sad

Yes, that one is the most dissapointing.
Thats the only gripe we can have, but its a though one.

Some information from Korg (at last) is really appreciated.

End of the journey for the "OPEN ARCHITECTURE", gents.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
master logic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps Korg can finally tell us WHY the Oasys sequencer was never updated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 1 of 34

Jump to: