Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Good price for a MOSS board?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MusiKman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see. Yes, those two grey brackes are what I mean. So lets say I sell the HDR to some one else, wouldnt they also need those brackets? Since the MOSS Board and the HDR-TRI where held together by those brackets. Please advice. I will send those two brackets to the buyer, but when I sell the HDR-TRI I will have to let the buyer know that I dont have the brackets.

TIMO, how much could I ask for the HDR-TRI? Thanks TImo for all your awesome help, if it wasnt for those detailed pics, i would have had a hard time taking out the boards. I really appreciate it.

PS i took the bracks off, so that they dont hurt the MOSS board in shipping. So I guess that should be okay as all they have to do is attach it with the four golden screws right?
"I know the plans that I have for you, declares the LORD. They are plans for peace and not disaster, plans to give you a future filled with hope." Then you will call to me. You will come and pray to me, and I will hear you. "When you look for me,you will find me. When you wholeheartedly seek me, I will let you find me, declares the Lord." Jeremiah 29:11
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MusiKman wrote:
I see. Yes, those two grey brackes are what I mean. So lets say I sell the HDR to some one else, wouldnt they also need those brackets?

You know, at this point I'm actually unsure. I've just checked my other photos (when I had the Trinity opened up last time)....

Solo-TRI (left), Moss-TRI (centre), SCSI-TRI (right):-

... where the SCSI is bracket-less. However the SCSI board (which will be similar to your HDR board as it takes the same slot) must have some sort of bracket, in order to poke the SCSI port neatly through the hole at the back. You can clearly see this hole on the Moss and Solo brackets, but am unsure of what the SCSI would use if it was without the Moss or Solo brackets.

Just going to open up my Trinity to have a better look... Might be a short while (or tomorrow at latest).

Last edited by Timo on Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, just took a look and am none the wiser.

The SCSI/HDR does need some sort of bracket, as it cannot feasibly attach itself to anything on its own.

Here's what I know (the facts):

• The Moss board cannot be mounted without that bracket, and neither can the SCSI/HDR. They both need it.
• My Trinity V3 came with the MOSS board pre-installed. Therefore it must have come with the bracket already inside (with the moss board mounted on it)
• I didn't buy the Trinity with the SCSI-TRI pre-installed, I was given the SCSI-TRI at a later time (by Ringo, here on the forums).
• I also bought the SOLO-TRI (off ebay) at a later time.
• I have two of the brackets, as shown in the above pic (for the MOSS and SOLO boards).
• I'm not sure if the second bracket was attached to the Solo-TRI or the SCSI-TRI when I individually acquired them.

However, odds on the person who I bought the Solo-TRI from also bought his Trinity with his Solo board already pre-installed on the bracket.

Therefore I think the person who sold me the Solo-TRI board may have also sent me their bracket (with the Solo board attached) by mistake. Either that or Ringo sent me his bracket with the SCSI attached. However I think it's the former.

I'm therefore thinking every Trinity may feasibly ship with that bracket already inside the unit.

BUT the fact that I already had the Moss board pre-installed when I bought it, and the other guy most likely already had his Solo pre-installed when he bought his, means that I'm unsure as to anyone else who bought their Trinity without any options also have the bracket inside their Trinitys. If you get me.

I'd contact Korg to see if standard Trinitys (with no options) were shipped with the spare bracket inside them, ready to install the other options if/when needed.

To be on the safe side, if you still have it, I'd keep the bracket. You don't want to send it to the wrong person, or, equally, if they have already have a bracket in their Trinity(s) they might not need yours.

It's all a bit confusing, isn't it. Best be sure and ask Korg first.

[Edit: I've sent them a quick mail. Will respond when they do.]
MusiKman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timo wrote:

The SCSI/HDR does need some sort of bracket, as it cannot feasibly attach itself to anything on its own.

• The Moss board cannot be mounted without that bracket, and neither can the SCSI/HDR. They both need it.
• My Trinity V3 came with the MOSS board pre-installed. Therefore it must have come with the bracket already inside (with the moss board mounted on it)
• I didn't buy the Trinity with the SCSI-TRI pre-installed, I was given the SCSI-TRI at a later time (by Ringo, here on the forums).
• I have two of the brackets, as shown in the above pic (for the MOSS and SOLO boards).
• I'm not sure if the second bracket was attached to the Solo-TRI or the SCSI-TRI when I individually acquired them.

However, odds on the person who I bought the Solo-TRI from also bought his Trinity with his Solo board already pre-installed on the bracket.

Therefore I think the person who sold me the Solo-TRI board may have also sent me their bracket (with the Solo board attached) by mistake. Either that or Ringo sent me his bracket with the SCSI attached. However I think it's the former.

I'm therefore thinking every Trinity may feasibly ship with that bracket already inside the unit.

BUT the fact that I already had the Moss board pre-installed when I bought it, and the other guy most likely already had his Solo pre-installed when he bought his, means that I'm unsure as to anyone else who bought their Trinity without any options also have the bracket inside their Trinitys. If you get me.

I'd contact Korg to see if standard Trinitys (with no options) were shipped with the spare bracket inside them, ready to install the other options if/when needed.

To be on the safe side, if you still have it, I'd keep the bracket. You don't want to send it to the wrong person, or, equally, if they have already have a bracket in their Trinity(s) they might not need yours.

Wow! Timo, you are tha man my friend. What an awesome explanation.
I remember when I saw the cards for sale on ebay, none, and i mean none had ever had the picture where the brackets were attached. I think they are already in the trinity. I wish I could see some on ebay that were sold but none come up. I guess its been that long since ones been sold.

Im going to list my cards on ebay tonight. Wish me the best. Thanks Timo you are so nice and helpful.

God bless you my friend.
"I know the plans that I have for you, declares the LORD. They are plans for peace and not disaster, plans to give you a future filled with hope." Then you will call to me. You will come and pray to me, and I will hear you. "When you look for me,you will find me. When you wholeheartedly seek me, I will let you find me, declares the Lord." Jeremiah 29:11
MusiKman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timo wrote:

Timo and friends,

The MOSS board is online on ebay now. Wish me luck guys as I need to buy a Fender telecaster to play on Sunday worship services. I will post the other cards as well. God bless you all.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280353229575#ht_500wt_1182
MusiKman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:19 am    Post subject: PBS-TRI is online now guys Reply with quote

I have placed the PBS-TRI online for anyone intersted. Wish me luck guys.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=280353235490#ht_500wt_1123

HDR-TRI coming up and external hard drive plus SCSI card too. Its late will do that tomorrow. Good night friends and God bless you all.
MusiKman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=280353239004

Here goes the HDR-Tri Hope some one really enjoys it. wish me luck my friends. God bless you all.
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish you the very best of luck. Smile

Make doubly sure you also post in the the Buy/Sell section of KorgForums, where people here might more easily see your ads:-

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=8

If it were me, I'd also add some basic specifications of the cards to your ebay pages.

Just simple stuff to show what they would be getting, like the Moss being a 6-voice, twin oscillator + sub + noise-generator analogue- and physical-modelling board, with 13 synthesis models: Standard subtractive, Comb Filtering, VPM (Variable Phase Modelling, aka FM), Oscillator Sync, Ring Modulation, Multi-band Resonance, Cross Modulation. The physical models include Organ [three drawbars per oscillator = 6 drawbars if two oscillators are used), Brass [three brass models, plus two horn models, and a reed brass], Reed [five sax models, plus two double-reed models, a bassoon, clarinet, two flute models, a pan flute, ocarina, shakuhachi, two harmonicas, and a reed synth], Plucked Strings, Bowed Strings, and finally Electric Piano.
Also sports 4x massively assignable LFOs, 4x assignable ADSSR [Attack, Decay, an additional slope, Sustain, Release] EGs, an additional 1x Amp ADSSR EG, 2x multimode filters (LP, HP, BandPass, and Dual-BandPass), and a highly flexible mixer/routing section.

And the PBS being 8MB Flash ROM (meaning you retain all your samples even after the Trinity has been powered down, unlike RAM). You can upload up to 500 samples, 200 one-shot drum samples, and you can create 100 multi-samples (using key-split sample ranges).

I'd also heavily recommend that you mention that many official PBS-TRI samplesets can now be downloaded legally free of charge from: http://www.ekomusicgroup.com

Which includes Korg's Orchestral Elements, Korg M1, Mega Pianos, Dance Waves & Drums samplesets amongst others.

Might give them an added incentive to buying the board.
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, your MOSS has been snapped up already! And you have a bid on the PBS. Smile
MusiKman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timo wrote:
Congrats, your MOSS has been snapped up already! And you have a bid on the PBS. Smile

Thank you so much Timo. You were so helpful in making this happen. Prayer too, I asked God for some one with good feedback and for it to sell fast. The PBS just sold today as well. I told both buyers to visit this site and we would welcome them with open arms. Also, gave them the links you gave me. Really nice folks that are going to be so happy with their new boards.
Im going to place my hard disk online too but that one I dont really remember the specs. All i know is that its external and that it works perfect with the trinity.
Im so happy that my telecaster is almost coming true. Thank you for all your help. God bless you.
Pabl

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Timo, I wish this post existed when I bought my 2nd hand SOLO board! It came with no brackets, so I built one using some spare material my girlfriend has (lucky she's into industrial design) and it's working great.

Timo wrote:

Just to help a little here. My standard Trinity didn't have spare brackets. That's why I had to come up with something for the S-board.
gyul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:42 pm    Post subject: Same question - price of Moss board Reply with quote

I also have some trinity boards to sell I would like to know the valid worth of it:
PBS-TRI
HDR-TRI
Solo-TRI
MOSS-TRI

Ebay is relatively expensive, 10 % of the final price is a bit high, then the paypal asks its money, obviously important to check the seller/buyer, but I sold a board without ebay - through a forum - everythink was perfect, money came within 2 days, the item arrived within 8 working days.

I could see that the worth of MOSS-TRI is over 400 USD?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Trinity All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: