Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

* Korg TR RACK questions *

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrysonPrice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: * Korg TR RACK questions * Reply with quote

I just bought a Korg TR rack and the sounds are great! I read the user's guide manual and I didn't see anything about creating your OWN sounds in combi mode. Is this possible, or do you have to do it in only multi mode?

Anytime I key midi into ableton, then bounce it as an audio file, it is always a little bit off from the line that I put the midi command on (drums and instruments) : / Does this happen to anyone else ? *(pic attached)*

[url] http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x292/bigbonthabeat/abletonTRrackquestion.jpg [/url]

Also, I'm a little confused about the effect sizes...can someone explain to this topic?

I want to learn more about the TR rack...are there any tips and tricks websites out there?

thanks!
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What audio I/O interface are you using? Are you using the ASIO interface? You need to check the latency in milliseconds of the driver and audio hardware on your computer. That's where the delay is likely to be occuring, not on the rack.
BrysonPrice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using a Presonus Firebox...I believe it is ASIO. I never even thought about the latency (I'll check on that).
BrysonPrice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its says my input latency is 5.5 and my output latency is about 9.5
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's pretty good audio latency. You still may need to bump the midi track backwords a bit to account for the latency of the new recording vs. existing audio tracks.
BrysonPrice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xmlguy wrote:
That's pretty good audio latency. You still may need to bump the midi track backwords a bit to account for the latency of the new recording vs. existing audio tracks.

thanks for sharing this with me...I would have never thought to do that. Is that what you have to do?
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrysonPrice wrote:
xmlguy wrote:

thanks for sharing this with me...I would have never thought to do that. Is that what you have to do?

Sure, I have done that in my studio work. You can also bump the audio track after it's recorded, but then you can't hear the other tracks play in time synch with the "armed recording" track. It's easy enough to move individual midi tracks around inside a DAW/sequencer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Rack All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: