Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Uninitiated.. Microkorg XL vs Microsampler

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Techrival

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:42 am    Post subject: Uninitiated.. Microkorg XL vs Microsampler Reply with quote

First off: I'm a complete novice.. pre-novice even. I tend to jump head first into new things and.. Long story short, I'm in the military and about to spend a year away from my family in some far away place and I want to pick up music as a hobby. Korg DS-10 (don't laugh, heh) has lit a fire in me and I want to jump into music (an unexplored but long-time passion) and after researching a bit on the Microsampler and Microkorg XL I think I want to eventually get both to be able to experiment and learn what I can about music.

[?] Question: Which should I get first and why - MicroKorg XL or MicroSampler?

I realize they are worlds apart and believe they would compliment eachother.. I just don't have enough experience or knowledge either way to make an educated choice. Thanks in advance to any contributors.
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of the above. It is better to get a ROMpler with a powerful synth engine like the MicroX or X50 as a first synth, because they have a much wider range of sounds for the price. The R3 has more features than the MicroKorg XL, but isn't much more expensive new, and is cheaper used, but a virtual analog synth is more of a specialized purpose synth than a ROMpler. An Electribe EMX is probably a better match for the X-50/MicroX, because it has sequencing as well as VA synthesis, and it is much better for building songs in conjuntion with a ROMpler.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: