Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't get the sequencer to record keyboard mode data at all

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeadVolume

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:14 am    Post subject: Can't get the sequencer to record keyboard mode data at all Reply with quote

Has anyone else had a problem with the sequencer not recording keyboard mode data?

When in keyboard mode, the sequencer should record my playing as keyboard mode data, so when playing back I can cycle through all the different samples and play the same 'musical' phrase with different 'instruments'.

This is not the case, no matter what mode i'm in (keyboard mode or samples mode) it ALWAYS records any playing I do as samples data. So the 'piano melody line' I tried to record in keyboard mode, when played back, just sounds like a jumble of the different samples corresponding to the keys I pressed as if I was recording in sample mode (and if there's no samples stored to the keys I pressed while recording it won't play anything at all!).

Have I missed something simple here or is my thingy just F***ED!
softroom

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It definitely works here. Dunno if that helps but make sure you're recording the correct part by scrolling through the record options.
beatifictatter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you get this working in the end? ive not had any problem with this so i think might be your ms1......maybe have to take it back and swap it....
DeadVolume

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not managed to het it to work yet, I'll be taking it back for another one this week I should imagine.
DeadVolume

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed it!

Was purely by accident I figured it out. I tried connecting my padKONTROL so I could play drums better and it was triggering two samples simultaneously, one in keyboard mode and the other in sample mode!

Turns out sample mode and keyboard mode need to be set to different MIDI channels (sample mode uses the global midi channel and keyboard mode has its own). These are both set from the global menu, and it looks like mine was shipped from the factory with them both set to the same channel.

So when recording in keyboard mode, you hear your playing in keyboard mode. But when you try to play the sequencer back, and since both modes are on the same channel, the one using the global channel takes priority – the sample mode!

User error (KORG support weren’t any help at all though)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: