Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suggestions for improvements/changes on M50?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
runeharpun

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

double clicking on the reset controllers, reset all 4 controllers without having to touch them
kikedeolivos
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Better, more real Leslie effect / parameters and new / better tonewheel multi samples.

2) Easier SMF play without re mapping all the instruments.

3) Metronome feature via software (assigning left or right channel) to feed a drummer live.

Korg M50 / Korg Nanokontrol 2

Past gear

Teisco Organ / Yamaha Electone / Casio CZ-230S / Casio CZ-3000 / Ensoniq ESQ 1 / Ensoniq SQ1 / Ensoniq SQ1 Plus / Ensoniq SD-1 /Yamaha PSR? / Hammond XM-1 / Roland RS9 / H&K Rotosphere / Yamaha S80 / Korg X5 / Kurzweil ME-1 / Korg X5D / Korg CX-3 (V2) / Hammond M111 & Leslie 147

Youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/bubusdeolivos?feature=results_main
runeharpun

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The global assignable switch and pedal should be configurable per patch/combi instead of a global value.
htieksppircs

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: M50 Improvements Reply with quote

1. Aftertouch

2. Digital i/o, at least stereo, perhaps SPDIF. Or ADAT...?

3. Ribbon Controller

4. Better (More substantial) Keyboard on the 61 note model.

Call it the M50 Mk ll or something and charge $1399 MAP. That's $300 more than the current model, but still $500 less than the M3.

-Or- put a tube in it as well and call it M50 Extreme.

I'd be first in line to get one.
runeharpun

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet another. The option to store current values of all 127 CC controllers when storing a combi. If you have configured your knobs to control different CC values, then you sometimes want to store the "exact" sound you hear at the moment. Today, all CC values are reset when a new combi is selected.

R
kikedeolivos
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An indicator on the Joystick, maybe LEDs with a changing color, a blinking something or whatever, when moving the Joystick enables an effect, ie, the Leslie.

Past gear

Teisco Organ / Yamaha Electone / Casio CZ-230S / Casio CZ-3000 / Ensoniq ESQ 1 / Ensoniq SQ1 / Ensoniq SQ1 Plus / Ensoniq SD-1 /Yamaha PSR? / Hammond XM-1 / Roland RS9 / H&K Rotosphere / Yamaha S80 / Korg X5 / Kurzweil ME-1 / Korg X5D / Korg CX-3 (V2) / Hammond M111 & Leslie 147

Youtube channel

mocando
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kikedeolivos wrote:
An indicator on the Joystick, maybe LEDs with a changing color, a blinking something or whatever, when moving the Joystick enables an effect, ie, the Leslie.

You mean a toggle indicator. Good idea.

Korg Gear: Wavestation
Korg Software: KLC Wavestation, iWavestation for iPad
Non Korg: M-Audio Code 61 MIDI Controller, Nektar GX49 MIDI Controller
Music Computing: 16in Macbook Pro with Touch Bar Mid 2019, i9 32GB RAM 2TB Flash, MacOS Catalina - 2019 iPad Air 64GB
Software: Apple MainStage, Arturia V Collection 7, Arturia OB-Xa V
Visit: Synth Fans :: Everything Synths Twitter: @korgfans
andersborg

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen these ones suggested. They would be greatly appreciated, at least by me, but I believe they are generally valuable:

Organ drawbar simulation using the control knobs. With only 4 knobs you don't have that much freedom, but this makes more sense for e.g. a church organ or a Hammond than controlling the filter resonance etc. Maybe I could set this up myself (?).

Audio recording via USB. Someone mentioned digital audio via SPDIF. We can obviously forget about that for the M50 (requires new hardware), but audio via USB would "only" require a software change. My Zoom G2.1u guitar effect box has this, and it's (or at least was) a $150 item. The M50 should have it too, as it would immensely simplify the recording process for smaller studios. In my case the "electronic" part of the studio (if it can be called that) consists of just the M50 and a guitar setup.

Sequencer data stored persistently internally. There might be real technical reasons for why this is not possible, but I have admittedly lost a few recordings by not remembering to store them to SD card. SD cards are cheap, so that's not the issue. The issue is my absent-mindedness.

Audio recording via USB is the most important of the suggestions, as I could then record both my guitar and M50 digitally, with no signal deterioration and no need for an external mixer.

Cheers,
Anders
newtonlkh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello I am new here... how about:

- Transpose button

Press it and press a key, and that will be set as middle C. When octave shifted the button lights up, when transposed it blinks

- Assign to Knob button

Press and turn a knob, and the currently highlighted parameter will be mapped to the knob

- A-B Drum track

Press the Drumtrack button to add a fill, double click to change to another pattern, hold it to turn off.

May be in M60 or M7, or

- SDK for M50 plug in (wow this one is too ambitious...)

Newton
kimu
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VA patch mode, i.e. possibility to use a patch structure similar to one of analog / Virtual Analog synth.

Last edited by kimu on Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Krasowski

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kaos mode on TouchScreen for m50.

I shure that is firmware/OS limitation for market re-placement.
htieksppircs

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BasariStudios wrote:
I dont wanna be against everybody on this topic but...if you read all of your
posts you guys are asking for M3...whats the point??? Its a 900$ synth,
what do you expect, i mean come on lets be real for a min.

The M3 has too much crap you don't need like KARMA and drum/chord pads, too many faders/controllers and a detachable sound module.
The M50 is missing some features that you do need like after touch and a digital i/o, a ribbon controller and good quality 61 note keyboard. We need something in between the two in features and price.
Krasowski

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking about another features which can be added with new v2 m50 OS:

1) A lot of users are dreaming about piano roll in SEQ mode. I think it was great and it's really can witn new OS.

2) Expand of efficient of Chord trigger like this:

Chord trigger can store 4 bank of notes. But It will be amazing to share this to 8 banks of notes. And It could switching by SW1 or SW2. You can use from 1 to 4 banks of notes unless SW 1 are not ON. When SW1 is ON, you can use banks of notes from 5 to 8 by Chord triggers.

Chord triggers are really usefull while live perfomance like additional keyboard.

I really hope that Korg Co. will thinking about it.

3) "Favorites feature" (like X50/microX, after 1.0.2) must be standard of Korg OS. It's small enhancement but very usefull.

I think that's all. I don't believe in changes like aftertouch, KAOS sceen mode, new samples or more good leslie fx... But I really hope to see V2 OS for M50 with expand controlling features such as was doing for M3, Oasys, Juno G by Roland (with v2 os) and a lot of other modern workstations.

Tnx.
kikedeolivos
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The drum patterns should be selectable by:

1) Category
2) Alphabetically

The way they are right now, is a mess and a pain in the A$$ to find the one you are looking for.

Past gear

Youtube channel

johnnypro

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How bout a M1EX type upgrade board like on my old M1(ex) and add the TR (or even TritonEX) Rom. I would pay for that!! (sorry if this has been suggested) Smile jp

Past Korgs: Korg Lambda, Korg Poly 6, Korg Poly 800, M1ex, T1, T3, T2, 01w, 01w/fd, TR6101wPro88, N5, N5ex, N1, Trinity V3, Triton, TRiton Le, Triton EX, X3, X5, X50.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: