Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sequencing on 01/w

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Sequencers / Audio recording packages.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nevoken

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Sequencing on 01/w Reply with quote

Hi all,

I have a 01/w and I've just tried sequencing on it, however, when recording, the tones are not the same as in the programs.
Say if I choose to record with the A01 piano whose sharpness, attack time or echo I already changed and saved in the program, still if I use it as the tone of my recording, it will be the old piano-sound without any effects.
It's only the octave that won't change back to its basic setting.
I'd like to record the feedbacker guitar with my sequencer, which sounds awesome, however, when I use it while recording, it's really plain and terrible.
Thanks for your help in advance...

Laura
jaimonj

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:03 am    Post subject: In Seq mode Reply with quote

Hi Laura
I personally have never owned the 01W but knowing KORG their basic OS remains the same (which I like). In Seq mode, you should have feature where it ask you to copy a program. Just make sure that you choose the program (A01) and the effects. And you should be able to hear the program you choose exactly like in program mode.

All the best. Also check you manual for more explaination on this feature. You can also copy Combi's.

Jaimon
Nythiul

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an 01W and the previous post is correct about the procedure. The sequencer is a bit limited when it comes to the effects you can have on the programs, so you won't be able to have the Feedbacker guitar effects and the piano effects in the same sequence. I don't have a solution for you if it is only a sequence that you want to place them in.

If you are recording the music with a software sequencer, one way to approach it is to record the sequence in the 01W with the piano effects (they're more subtle than the guitar effects and might sound good on your other tracks) and record the guitar separately with its own effects into your computer.

http://www.myspace.com/thenighteternal
http://cdbaby.com/cd/nighteternal
FSalomon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I have a Kork PA1xPro and I know that the only way to get the right effects from the guitar is not to go to sequencer mode, or you will loose the effect... Stay on Style Play Or the section that you usually get that effect when playing normally. (sorry not familiar with 01W) then convert to audio while still connected to the keyboard (watch your levels).You may have to find out what midi channels corresponds to it.

The problem is that you cant undo the effects once converted to audio unless you use cubase effects programs.
Or use the preset, vst instrument or instrument track in Cubase ... see the link below. Hope it helps.

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=36588

BTW - In my keyboard I can copy the effects by choosing in the sequencer mode too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Sequencers / Audio recording packages. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: