Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem transfering from USB eLicenser to Soft eLicenser

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hesnotthemessiah

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:44 pm    Post subject: Problem transfering from USB eLicenser to Soft eLicenser Reply with quote

I am having a problem installing the license authorization version of the KORG Legacy Collection Analog Edition 2007 v1.2.3

I was using the the KORG Legacy Collection Analog Edition 2007 v1.2.2 USB key version but want to use the license authorization version of v1.2.3 instead.

How do you transfer the license from the USB key version to the license authorization version?

I am using the latest eLicenser 6.0.2.7005 but am unable remove any of my Full licenses. The "Remove License" option is greyed out and unselectable for all the Full licenses that I have (including Cubase5, Largo, Rob Papen, Arturia and KLC Analog Coll 2007 plugins). The only ones I can remove are the demo licenses.

The Largo, Rob Papen and Arturia plugins are all Soft e-Licenser versions but were listed under USB eLicenser licenses with "Sel." written below each one in the Licenses section of the USB eLicenser. I was able to transfer them across from the USB eLicenser to the Soft e-Licenser (by dragging each license from the USB eLicenser to the Soft eLicenser) and so they are now listed under Soft e-Licenser licenses. This doesn't make sense as "Sel." would mean a Soft e-Licenser license - so why were they listed under USB eLicenses rather than Soft eLicenses in ther first place?

I uninstalled the KORG Legacy Collection Analog Edition 2007 v1.2.2 but, as I have said, was unable to remove the USB eLicense. I then installed the KORG Legacy Collection Analog Edition 2007 v1.2.3 License authorization version. When I started up Cubase, the License Authorisation screen appeared , I checked "Using this computer", clicked "get License Code", then clicked "RE-ISSUE Licenses Code", entered the Product Code and received a Locking Code which I then pasted. I am still unable to remove the USB eLicense and am unable to transfer to the Soft eLicenser.

All my eLicenser licenses currently work fine.

I am sure this is a problem that Steinberg would be better dealing with but, helpfully, there is only contact details for Business Customers on the eLicense site and they advise "Please note that this contact form is only to be used for business inquiries relating to the eLicenser technology. Support issues from end-users will not be processed. We kindly ask end-users to contact the software developer directly."
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: Problem transfering from USB eLicenser to Soft eLicenser Reply with quote

hesnotthemessiah wrote:
I am having a problem installing the license authorization version of the KORG Legacy Collection Analog Edition 2007 v1.2.3

I was using the the KORG Legacy Collection Analog Edition 2007 v1.2.2 USB key version but want to use the license authorization version of v1.2.3 instead.

How do you transfer the license from the USB key version to the license authorization version?

You don't transfer the license at all. To use the License Authorization (LA) version of the software, you:
1) uninstall any old version of KLC-AE2007
2) Install the new LA version 1.2.3 of KLC-AE2007
3) Run the plugin. It should ask for a "Registration Code".
4) Go to the KorgUser.net website and select "Re-issue registration code".

You should be able to do this as long as you have your original KLC-AE2007 Serial Number.

hesnotthemessiah wrote:

I am using the latest eLicenser 6.0.2.7005 but am unable remove any of my Full licenses. The "Remove License" option is greyed out and unselectable for all the Full licenses that I have (including Cubase5, Largo, Rob Papen, Arturia and KLC Analog Coll 2007 plugins). The only ones I can remove are the demo licenses.

I uninstalled the KORG Legacy Collection Analog Edition 2007 v1.2.2 but, as I have said, was unable to remove the USB eLicense. I then installed the KORG Legacy Collection Analog Edition 2007 v1.2.3 License authorization version. When I started up Cubase, the License Authorisation screen appeared , I checked "Using this computer", clicked "get License Code", then clicked "RE-ISSUE Licenses Code", entered the Product Code and received a Locking Code which I then pasted. I am still unable to remove the USB eLicense and am unable to transfer to the Soft eLicenser.

I responded above before I read the second half of your post. You did everything correctly.

There is no need to "delete" any Korg licenses from your Syncrosoft USB Key. I suspect the eLC software grays out deletion since it assumes no one REALLY wants to delete a license. Under the old Syncrosoft LCC app, you can delete licenses from a USB key, but once you do, you can never get them back.

You can't "transfer" your Syncrosoft license to some type of Korg license.

Don't worry about having the Korg licenses sitting on the USB dongle. It doesn't hurt anything to have them there.

Another way to understand all of this would be if you purchased KLC-AE2007 today, without a Syncrosoft key. The only way you could use the product would be to use the C/R (LA) method, where you only need your Product Serial Number, then numbers generated from the install.

Finally, don't confuse the Syncrosoft "soft e-licenser" with the LA method from Korg. The Soft-elicenser is a product from Syncrosoft, and it is a virtual software dongle, and acts just like the USB key eLicenser. The soft elicenser is created by writing some stuff on your hard drive, and I don't think there is a way to remove it.

Companies like Arturia use the Syncrosoft eLicenser so customers don't have to buy the USB key. The USB key and soft Syncrosoft protections are the same. The USB key is portable, while the soft elicenser is tied to the hard drive.
hesnotthemessiah

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Martin. Wink I just did a check and the Korg plugins work fine without the USB key in my PC so they must be using the License Authorization method rather than the USB License key method now. Very Happy
The Clinic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:07 am    Post subject: Arh Help! Reply with quote

Basically I would like to perform the following tasks.
1) update my KORG Legacy collection from V1.2.2 to V1.2.3 (did download v1.2.3 from Korg user net but was unable to install updated version due elicense issues)!
2) Change the license from USB to the Challenge/Response License Authorization!. (would that fix the first problem?)
3) Seamless operation with Protools 8LE. ( I'm under the impression that we "end users" have to wait till Korg brings out an update for this?)

Any help from anybody would be greatly appreicated as I'm starting to lose hair over this.
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Arh Help! Reply with quote

The Clinic wrote:
Basically I would like to perform the following tasks.
1) update my KORG Legacy collection from V1.2.2 to V1.2.3 (did download v1.2.3 from Korg user net but was unable to install updated version due elicense issues)!
2) Change the license from USB to the Challenge/Response License Authorization!. (would that fix the first problem?)
3) Seamless operation with Protools 8LE. ( I'm under the impression that we "end users" have to wait till Korg brings out an update for this?)

Any help from anybody would be greatly appreicated as I'm starting to lose hair over this.

1. If you don't want to use the Syncrosoft dongle anymore you don't need to install the more current version of the KLC software (that uses the dongle).
2. If you want to switch to the "License Authorization" version (Korg Challenge/response version), simply:
-- uninstall any existing KLC software on your computer
-- downoad and install the LA version of the KLC software (from Korg User.net)
3. I can't help you with this.

If you have any trouble doing any of this, don't hesitate to call your Korg Country Distributor, which in your case is Korg UK. They are responsible for support of ALL Korg products in the UK (software and hardware).
baward

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Arh Help! Reply with quote

MartinHines wrote:

-- uninstall any existing KLC software on your computer

...because you can't have the 2 versions installed at once on the same computer. This is what tripped me up and wasn't on the original email from Korg back in early November - its only right at the bottom of the C/R Installation Guide webpage on korguser.net (http://www.korguser.net/shop/software/support/copyProtection/)

Not your fault or responsibility I'm sure but I do wish it was a bit clearer. It has given me a few sleepless nights...

Ben
dave

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, let me emphasise that I believe KORG UK and KORG USA do a fantastic job supporting KORG's hapless end-users. But in my opinion, their task is made much more difficult and thankless by the sheer ineptitude of the parent company's software division.

From the lack of thought and direction in the initial software products' design (Wavestation crossing from KLC to KLC DE) to the lack of forethought regarding updates server loading (at one stage there was one single glacial server for the entire global market) to the hopeless confusion of the catch-all Korg User.net website to the move from challenge/response to USB then back again to challenge/response to their inability to get even the simple things right (update download sizes are listed as 65 MB for KLCAE007 and 102 MB for KLCDE - they're actually 44.2 MB and 85.9 MB respectively), it's hard to think of a bigger bunch of bunglers.

I love the actual software itself, but everything surrounding it is a poisonous shambles. The end-user would have been much better off if KORG had sub-contracted out all their software activity to an independent developer.

Because this lot couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery.

/sober evaluation

Kind regards.
baward

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave wrote:
First of all, let me emphasise that I believe KORG UK and KORG USA do a fantastic job supporting KORG's hapless end-users. But in my opinion, their task is made much more difficult and thankless by the sheer ineptitude of the parent company's software division.

Don't hold back there, Dave! Very Happy

Seriously, you have made some great points, validly stated.

Ben
DjRavix

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave wrote:

From the lack of thought and direction in the initial software products' design (Wavestation crossing from KLC to KLC DE) to the lack of forethought regarding updates server loading (at one stage there was one single glacial server for the entire global market) to the hopeless confusion of the catch-all Korg User.net website to the move from challenge/response to USB then back again to challenge/response to their inability to get even the simple things right (update download sizes are listed as 65 MB for KLCAE007 and 102 MB for KLCDE - they're actually 44.2 MB and 85.9 MB respectively), it's hard to think of a bigger bunch of bunglers.

I love the actual software itself, but everything surrounding it is a poisonous shambles. The end-user would have been much better off if KORG had sub-contracted out all their software activity to an independent developer.

Because this lot couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery.

/sober evaluation

Kind regards.

Your Absolutely Right ...
I Actually Quite had it with Korg's Current Actions
And it all started with A Little Driver bug witch Causes Cubase To Crash when shutting down when My Kontrol49 was connected by USB and turned on (If you have an Intel Qxxxx CPU you might notice this)

I Bought KLCAE2007 Because I Hate the challenge/response way that MDE-X used to be activated witch was included with the Kontrol49
(And Since I was using Cubase anyway The License Could be on the same Dongle)
And When I think They could not piss me off any more ...
Those Moran's at Korg's Software development Change it back to challenge/response

The Only Good thing I Currently hear is that the License can not be removed from your dongle Very Happy witch allow to still run it with the dongle
the only downside is that they Probably will release a new update after there support for eLicenser is expired

Till so far I hope there software team doesn't piss me off even more
At least it's good to hear that the UK & USA Support are trying to help the Korg Costumers
Audio HW:
828MK3, 61SL MKII, Virus, AirFX, iNano, M1 Active Mk2
Audio SW:
Cubase 5.5.1, Sound Set Synthesizers, HALion Symphonic Orchestra, The Grand 3, HALion Sonic, KLC-AE07, Predator, SubBoomBass, RP-Verb, VPS: MBSC, VPS:Metrum, FF Bundle, VES1, VTS1, Oxford Inflator, Sylenth1, Z3TA+, VMS:MBC, RP-Delay
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: