Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M50 or Electribe EMX1/TR/LE/Triton Studio/Juno G/Yamaha MM8/

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ricardS

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:16 pm    Post subject: M50 or Electribe EMX1/TR/LE/Triton Studio/Juno G/Yamaha MM8/ Reply with quote

I need your opinions about these Workstations/Synths Virtual or Analog, with sequencer, all in one.The M50 sounds without the sampling option, and vocoder, can produce dance music styles like Drum and Bass, Dub/Ragga, Trip Hop or Downtempo/Lounge/Jazz, Breakbeat, Noisepop, etc?
CfNorENa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of the options you mention, I'm pretty sure the M50 is the best all-in-one box solution. It has a very modern soundset, and is esp. strong -- for a ROMpler -- on synth sounds (dance, trance, etc. etc.).

Now, a different option would be to go for a budget workstation (older generation, e.g. Triton Extreme or Motif ES) AND a second synth, a VA. You might get a wider sonic range that way...
candlewick

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My vote would go to the M-50 as well, this little beast can cover a lot of ground!

"I Need More Cowbell!!"
-Todd

TritonLE76,X3R, M50-61, TD6V V-drum module w/ Pintech Mesh Triggers
ricardS

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, but what you think about the EMX1 Electribes with Kaoss Pad 3, are a better solution then M50 or M3 for Drum and bass, and DUB/Downtempo, and Minimal Techno/Rave/Psy Trance?
ricardS

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need a machine workstation to produce Drum and bass jungle sounds like this example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hKwfv6FiRo

The korg m50 or m3 can produce this dnb song, or an EMX1+KP3 are better, with more DNB sounds, filters and effects, easy to use machines?
cabobs

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ricardS

Quote:
The korg m50 or m3 can produce this dnb song, or an EMX1+KP3 are better, with more DNB sounds, filters and effects, easy to use machines?

I doubt that the M50 can give you the results you want - it doesn't have the sampling capabilities that seem to be essential to the type of music you want to do. Furthermore, some of the sounds in that video you posted for reference sound very much like VA - I am not saying that the M50 is incapable of sounding like that but it is, after all, a ROMpler and therefore aimed at producing a wide variety of sounds, among which you will find many that you probably don't need.

The M3, however, offers Sampling as well as an (optional!) extension board that gives it the functionality of a Radias (EXB-Radias) - a virtual modeling synth that seems to be more suited to producing the kind of sounds you need.
So if you want to go with an all-in-one package, I would say the M3 is what you need.
CfNorENa

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cabobs wrote:
So if you want to go with an all-in-one package, I would say the M3 is what you need.

Exactly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: