Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SV-1 New Owners
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanhaabe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eammon wrote:
I just got the SV-1 and first need to say I truly love this damn thing.
I haven't had any of the issues mentioned in this forum - and the only thing that bums me out is that the tube one day will have to be replaced. Small price to pay. Can't wait to start gigging w/ it.

My only problem is, I can't find a suitable case for it.
First was too thin. Second (Gator 76-Key Deep) wouldn't fit in my car (Corolla) - is there anything out there normal-sized that fits the 73-key model?

E

This is paste from: http://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/2115006/23

Quote:

The 73 fits nicely in my Roadrunner gig bag, with 2" extra length and 3" of extra width in the bag. It's a pretty lightweight bag; I paid $60 or $70 a couple of years ago at GC. Should be good enough for house-to-car-to-stage and back.

I ordered original Korg's case, but they are not shipping. Thing I like is that both piano and stand fit into the case. And of course it does have wheels.

Cheers,
Ed
velour100

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:55 pm    Post subject: Connecting my Korg SV1 to my pc via usb Reply with quote

Can anyone help me with the Korg editing program? When I start it up, I only see the backup page, and there seems to be no connection to my pc what so ever..

I could load the new OS to my piano. But starting the Korg program, does not do anything.

When I deinstall the usb driver, while my SV1 is connected to the computer, it says that a port is in use, so the driver is working (I think..) Anyway, I'm a newbe to this all.. It's my seccond electric piano in my life.. and the first one, I can connect to a computer.

So, does anyone have an idea, of what I'm doing wrong? Please let me know! Thanx!
violet

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:33 am    Post subject: Re: Connecting my Korg SV1 to my pc via usb Reply with quote

velour100 wrote:
Can anyone help me with the Korg editing program? When I start it up, I only see the backup page, and there seems to be no connection to my pc what so ever..

I could load the new OS to my piano. But starting the Korg program, does not do anything.

this thread with a similar issue might help you.. http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=49959
velour100

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Connecting my Korg SV1 to my pc via usb Reply with quote

@ Violet, Thanks! I'll give it a try tonight.

Played on my SV1 today in church.. and man.. did I enjoy playing it, together with the band! I mainly used the German Grand piano. And I used the Rhodes and Wurlitzer too..

Anyway, I'm looking toward, to get to know the SV1 better and better. Korg did a wonderfull job!
mikee9933

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:58 am    Post subject: panel lock Reply with quote

I just want to add my support to the panel lock option. I've had my SV1- 88 for a few weeks and regularly bump the lower buttons! It's a major drag during a gig when the sound changes mid solo!

This is a sensations keyboard and just needs this glitch to be sorted somehow. maybe the 2 button approach would work, or how about a software option to dedicate, say, Pedal 2 to a panel lock ... that way it could be controlled by a pedal. If people don't want this, then use the software to switch the port back to default.

any thoughts other users/ Korg?

Cheers

m
jemccarty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:34 am    Post subject: Local Midi on/off Reply with quote

I also would like the option to have the Midi local off to be a toggle. What I would like is - Local on - SV-1 plays and nothing is sent on Midi and Local Off - SV-1 does not play and note info, damper, and control pedal MIDI data is transmitted.

I know not everyone would like this option. So you could put it in the editor.

Jim

Kapone wrote:
I was wondering if it would be possible to create (maybe in the future OS-versions) the option of SV1 sending midi-information just in the Local Off mode? I think it would be a very useful function when you're sometimes using some external device as a voice source.
CLeF

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:44 pm    Post subject: MIDI Master Reply with quote

Just ordered my SV-1. I rented one for the weekend to use for a jam session and a rehearsal, just to make sure it would fit in with what I normally play (fusion, reggae, r&b). I totally love the sounds I get from this thing. I also love the way it plays. It feels good. The only issue I have is when controlling another keyboard through MIDI. I sometimes layer sounds over my master keyboard (in this case the SV-1) from my VSynth. This works. The only issue is that the VSynth sound is always on while MIDI is plugged in, or only off when it is unplugged. I don't quite like the idea of plugging and unplugging the MIDI cable while playing. Local off turns off the local keyboard (duh). Unfortunately, that is backwards to what I need. So, I'm making a feature request (please!!). Can we add a way to change the behavior of the local off button using the software editor? I'd like it to instead of turning off the local keyboard, to turn off the MIDI out. I know this goes agains the title on the button, but...

Tascam DM-4800, Roland RD-600, Roland VSynth GT, getting Korg SV1-88!!!
Bronks

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Local Midi on/off Reply with quote

jemccarty wrote:
I also would like the option to have the Midi local off to be a toggle. What I would like is - Local on - SV-1 plays and nothing is sent on Midi and Local Off - SV-1 does not play and note info, damper, and control pedal MIDI data is transmitted.

Maybe you want to save favourites with different midi channels (for example channel 16, if it's left empty on your module performaces)? I know it narrows your sound selection, but maybe would be a temporary solution.
jemccarty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: MIDI Master Reply with quote

Well, there are now at least three different ways the MIDI switch could work:

1 - As it currently works, switching local on and off,
2 - Toggling between internal external sound engines, or
3 - Switch external MIDI transmission on and off

It really would be nice to be able to select the desired mode.

CLeF wrote:
Just ordered my SV-1. I rented one for the weekend to use for a jam session and a rehearsal, just to make sure it would fit in with what I normally play (fusion, reggae, r&b). I totally love the sounds I get from this thing. I also love the way it plays. It feels good. The only issue I have is when controlling another keyboard through MIDI. I sometimes layer sounds over my master keyboard (in this case the SV-1) from my VSynth. This works. The only issue is that the VSynth sound is always on while MIDI is plugged in, or only off when it is unplugged. I don't quite like the idea of plugging and unplugging the MIDI cable while playing. Local off turns off the local keyboard (duh). Unfortunately, that is backwards to what I need. So, I'm making a feature request (please!!). Can we add a way to change the behavior of the local off button using the software editor? I'd like it to instead of turning off the local keyboard, to turn off the MIDI out. I know this goes agains the title on the button, but...
Laughing Very Happy Very Happy
Andy L

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought my SV-1 on Saturday and I'm delighted with it - it's a MASSIVE upgrade from what I had before and an absolute joy to play Very Happy Although I have also knocked some of the buttons while playing and would like to see a panel lock function added too!
Bronks

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy L wrote:
Just bought my SV-1 on Saturday and I'm delighted with it - it's a MASSIVE upgrade from what I had before and an absolute joy to play Very Happy Although I have also knocked some of the buttons while playing and would like to see a panel lock function added too!

Just update that new version on Korgs site. It solves the problem.
Andy L

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean version 1.1? I did that the other day but didn't see any mention of a panel lock anywhere in the changelog?
Bronks

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy L wrote:
You mean version 1.1? I did that the other day but didn't see any mention of a panel lock anywhere in the changelog?

No, but they changed reaction times of buttons in version 1.1 so, that you have to intentionally push them if you want to change settings or sounds. I can't see how you could change them accidentaly any more.
Andy L

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, that would make sense - I haven't had the same problem since updating!

One minor annoyance I have noticed with 1.1 though is that when I switch the SV-1 on, it always defaults to E. Piano 1 Variation 1 instead of remembering the sound I was using the last time I had the keyboard on. Can this be changed somehow or has something gone wrong while I was updating the firmware? (I wasn't able to update using my usual OS, Win7 64bit, after several attempts and had to boot into WinXP to perform the update.) I don't recall this being a problem in 1.0...
miket156

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
by Jerrytek:

You cannot split the keyboard on the SV-1. Sorry.

What type of sound splits would you want or use? We can certainly make new sounds for it (based on the existing waveforms, of course), and could consider making some of these for you if needed. So please give some examples and we will consider it.

Regards,

Jerry

Split would be useful for organ sounds. "Most" organs have two manuals. The lower manual typically has a softer sound than the upper manual so that lower note chords you play on your left hand won't overpower the parts you are playing on the upper manual. But this instrument's focus is on Electro Mechanical pianos, not organ. So I doubt splits would be coming anytime soon. Anyway, this is not a 3 or 4 thousand dollar instrument. What do you except for 2 grand? Huh?

Also for Sting Ensemble parts, the left hand playing Cello part, the right hand playing Viola and upper KB having the Violin parts. So the KB would need to be split into three parts. How many people would use this feature? Not many, unless there are people with a third hand among us.

Cheers,

Mike T.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-1 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: