Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEW KORG GEAR !!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"What a crazy/crowded show, especially today (the consumer day). Sorry but all of our Monotrons were stolen from the booth so anyone looking for it today was out of luck to try it themself. Is that supposed to be the ultimate compliment?!?!?"

Check out the competitor's booths (hand bags). Thievery can be the best complement, especially when they want to figure out how you do what you do. Wink

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
crofter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: 49 keys! reallY Reply with quote

Hugo wrote:
shabbee wrote:
Hugo wrote:
I think the MicroStation should be fitted with 49 keys instead of 61.

why?

To make it more micro.

quite so.
DS10
Mini KP
alesis Micron
Juno D
Blofeld
monotron
Microstation
shabbee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: 49 keys! reallY Reply with quote

Hugo wrote:
shabbee wrote:
Hugo wrote:
I think the MicroStation should be fitted with 49 keys instead of 61.

why?

To make it more micro.

interesting answer, I still don't see what advantage it would have with less keys.
crofter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mini keys are only just playable, the idea of an ultra portable workstation is a great idea, I've been looking for something like this for some time, 49 keys would be sufficient for playing away from the studio, in a studio situation I would use a controller keyboard with full sized keys and use the microstation as a module.I'd like to be able to sit in my garden and work with this thing, hence my plea for battery power, version II perhaps.
DS10
Mini KP
alesis Micron
Juno D
Blofeld
monotron
Microstation
Grapite

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry,
How much roughly, and when the PS60 will be available in the states?
Regards
X-Trade

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerrythek wrote:
Specs are available for all the products... PS60 and microSTATION are 120-note poly, not 20!

www.korg.com/ps60

www.korg.com/microstation

What a crazy/crowded show, especially today (the consumer day). Sorry but all of our Monotrons were stolen from the booth so anyone looking for it today was out of luck to try it themself. Is that supposed to be the ultimate compliment?!?!?

Jerry

Ah, sorry about the translation then, my girlfriend was certain it was 20 and nothing else! Rolling Eyes

But, wait a minute; does that mean that the MicroStation and PS60 have more polyphony than the M50?!
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
iD4rK

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was about to buy an microKorg XL, but as somone else already mentioned, I din't like it at all because of how it is, and now I'm going for the microSTATION !!! That one is going to make me happy!

I am glad the microSTATION has 61 keys! I like it how it is, with 49 keys I would not like it as much as I do now. Mad For 49 keys I've got already the Kontrol 49.

And if you want it portable, just build yourself an freaking 9v battery adaptor like this one:

BTW, the microSTATION is 499,00 euros in Germany.

Greets
Ben
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iD4rK wrote:
And if you want it portable, just build yourself an freaking 9v battery adaptor like this one:

That kind of battery will power a keyboard for 15minutes, maybe. The common 9V battery is made by stacking a bunch of individual cells in series, each of which have little storage capacity. A rechargable NiMH 9V usually has less than 200mAh capacity, while a keyboard like that can draw 600mA, and the battery voltage will drop too low long before it completely is drained. You could construct a battery pack that will run it, however you need to know what you're doing or you could fry your keyboard, because batteries do not produce a single voltage, they have a voltage curve based on charge level, load, temperature, chemistry, and other factors. That's why you don't usually see 9V batteries being used in anything that consumes a lot of power - only low drain devices.
iD4rK

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, you are correct. still people who have a higer understanding of electronics could make a little voltage stabilizer between the battery pack and the korg hah. But well that is another story. Another solution could be connecting the adapter to an UPS problem is the weight carring that thing around hahaha.
shabbee

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:27 pm    Post subject: Battery power Reply with quote

Sorry to say this, but using the battery adapter with a PP3 is unlikely to work at all. An PP3 alkaline battery will deliver typically 560mAH of power, the KORG PSU for this group of products is rated at 9.0V 1.7A. As an alkaline battery discharges, the voltage starts to drop almost immediately so I suspect that even if you did get the microstation to power up it may be so unstable that it locks up the cpu.

Alternatively it is possible to get a battery pack that has the same connector as the PP3 but uses several D, C or AA cells. If you opt for this make sure that the total voltage is 9V, so u will need 6 of the batteries mentioned. AA batteries have approx double the mAH rating of a PP3 so it might just work. Obviously this is theoretical so unless you know what you are doing I would not suggest that you try this without accepting the possible risks.
Vadim
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW. Korg's new appearance design of products is Awesome!! Great job!! Applause Applause

but still, no Trinity VSTi....... Sad
iD4rK

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOH MA GAWD!! ME NEEDS MEHKRAWSTAWTAWN ExclamationExclamationExclamation
Wacky
Sorry, I am having a little brain crysis. Rolling EyesEmbarassedLaughing
demonp

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I see Korg in a big financial trouble. But still tries to do something new. Well what do we have here now? PS60 is like the mix between korg X5 and roland RS-5 - extremely small screen (and a low quality keyboard). How people will easily use it on gigs????? Next microstation - this is for children. But I'm not really sure why children need all features of EDS-i??????
Monotron - the most idiotic instrument ever seen. Who really wants a good sound why not to get Dave Smith Tetra or at least microkorg???? The only thing which can save this instrument is the price. Dear Korg please stop disapointing your custumers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: