Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TR with Compact Flash Drive - HELP

View previous topic :: View next topic  
labbadabba

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: TR with Compact Flash Drive - HELP Reply with quote

Hi guys, long-time lurker here.

I've recently replaced the disk drive in the TR with an internal SCSI CF drive. When I installed the drive there didn't seem to be any problem. Now the TR is not recognizing the drive and is still looking for the old disk drive.

The photo is the Info scree under the Disk menu. Any thoughts on how I can get the TR to recognize the CF drive?

Thanks!

orbit

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it did work at one time? Where'd you get the kit? I have an external drive that I'd love to mount internally but not sure how to do the SCSI connection since the card's port faces outward.

If it was working before and now isn't, I'm stumped...if it never worked I'd recheck all the connections and jumpers...and let me know where you got the kit, I'd love to have one since I gig with my triton rack and would love to reduce the # of boxes and cords I need.

http://joshcoopermusic.com/
http://www.myspace.com/orbit_one
http://www.myspace.com/siliconsuicide
www.soundcloud.com/jcoopersound
labbadabba

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: It worked when I first installed it Reply with quote

but not always. Sometimes it would default to the disk drive others it would recognize the CF drive.

I purchased the kit from http://www.scsiforsamplers.com/ The gentleman who runs the shop is very helpful and is willing to work with you for custom options. Highly recommend.

The CF is an internal drive which now sits in the space vacated by the floppy drive.

The kit has a female/female SCSI cord with a male splitter. The splitter end stays inside the rack and connects internally. The 2nd female end is available on the external port.

Maybe I need to take a look at the jumpers again. Maybe something was unseated when I moved the TR into my rack. Think that might be the problem? Confused
tq303

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am i right in thinking that to install the scsi cf card gizmo, that you need the exb scsi card?

They are notoriously hard to find.

Is there any way that the floppy drive can be replaced with another IDE style drive.

Apologies for my stupidity, i am a newby.
labbadabba

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: Yes Reply with quote

You'll need the EXB SCSI card for sure. Be patient, they come up on eBay every so often. There are also some independant pro audio shops that still have them sitting on the shelf somewhere.
scsiforsamplers

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:02 pm    Post subject: Hello from JD at SCSIforSamplers.com Reply with quote

labbadabba, please contact me again and let's go over everything about your setup to see if we cannot find the problem. I haven't heard from you in a while on this matter and had assumed you solved the issue on your own. But I'll be glad to take a look at it again and see if we can find the problem.
labbadabba

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

will do -

I'm going to open up the rack next weekend again when I install two new PCM cards anyway so I'll take a look then.

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Rack All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: