Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using a KP3/Kaossilator through PC speakers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
C3NZO

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 7:05 am    Post subject: Using a KP3/Kaossilator through PC speakers Reply with quote

Is it possible to do so? Thanks Very Happy
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely. as long as you have the right cables. You could just connect it to the headphones with the same cable you use for your PC which would be easy, but not really a great idea. You should be able to find the right adaptor/cables quite cheap to make the connection via RCA.

By the way there is a KAOSS section.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
C3NZO

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply! I thought this might be a good section to ask as I was planning to maybe do it with the Korg R3 too. Is there a particular name for the cords? Right now I'm on the X-230 Speaker System and the headphones plug into a headphone jack in one of the speakers.

http://www.logitech.com/en-au/speakers_audio/home_pc_speakers/devices/208

Just want to have everything ready for when it arrives, thanks Very Happy
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I meant was the Kaossillator and Mini-KP certainly have a headphones output with a mini 3.5mm stereo jack that you would normally connect headphones to. You can connect a speaker system to that just like you would when plugging into your computer, however it would be a lower quality connection.

The kind of cable you need depends on the speakers you have. Most speaker systems like the one you mentioned will have an RCA input (the red and white round connectors a bit like a TV arial connector), in which case you just need a stereo pair of them to run from your gear to the input for the speaker amplifier (the powered amp/sub combo unit).

Other systems will have a built in stereo jack cable which makes it more difficult. I don't imagine Logitech would do that for these though. If you already have the speakers, then check now!
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
C3NZO

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that I'm pretty sure I know what you mean so my Logitechs would fit well. What if I wanted to invest in 1 or 2 speakers simply just for home use how would I pick the best option if I were running a KP3 and an R3?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Audio / Visual All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: