Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PX5D Midi Driver doesn't install

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
waderain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:44 pm    Post subject: PX5D Midi Driver doesn't install Reply with quote

I can't get the Midi driver to install correctly. When I plug my PX5D in and then use the korg installer it starts installing then comes back with a file not found error, if I try it again it will say the driver can't install. I tried installing it with the windows install and manually with no success. I've tried this on two of my computers (XP and vista) with no luck but I got it to work fine on an old dell I have (XP). The main computer I need to install it on is my laptop. The funny thing is my laptop does recognize it and will let me record through my laptop (though its really noisy) but it does not let me use the sound editor program, if I go to midi setup in the sound editor program it doesn't show the PX5D as a midi option. Also if you search on You Tube for the PX5D you'll see a demo by Paul Kramer, he's using the exact same laptop as mine and his works (arg). I'm sort of desperate at this point. I bought this so I could use it with my laptop when I go out on the road, I'm planning another trip in about a month and I need to get this to work, HELP. I guess if I can't get it to work soon I'll have to return it.
Any ideas
waderain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:10 pm    Post subject: I got it Reply with quote

Well After an lengthy search I figured this out, and its a pain. I see quite a few other post about this and mainly on laptop computers. I think this is a conflict problem in Korgs driver install. Here is what I did
1. Make sure you have the latest drivers and sound editor, install everything like Korg says to. Even if you get errors or diver doesn't install stuff
2. restart computer
3. After restart plugin in PX5D and when your computer ask to install it, cancel out and install it with the korg usb driver program (look in start-korg)
4. You should still get the errors or no driver install, keep the PX5D turned on!!!!
5. got to start-control panel-system, choose hardware tab and the pick the device manager.
6. scroll down to Sound, Video and game controllers.
7. look for a device called USB Audio Device, double click on it and choose properties
8. click on the MIDI devices option, choose midi option (might be called WDM midi device)
9. under its properties choose the don't use this midi device option the hit apply
10. DON'T RESTART COMPUTER
11. under the device manager choose the KORG PANDORA PX5D, go to driver tab and hit update driver and follow on screen instructions.

it should come back as a successful install, turn off Pandora, restart computer
after restart plugin in Pandora again, it might ask you to install driver again, say yes, let computer do its thing and it works
in sound editor go to midi setup and choose PX5D for midi in and outs

Whew, made me sweat doing this. Hope it helps someone else out.
diabluz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I had the same problem but I solved it in a different way, after installing the USB MIDI drivers Windows XP was still not able to find the driver, but I saw that the KORG USB-MIDI Drivers were actually copied, so after cancelling the driver installation and plugging the Pandora back again I selected to search for the driver under that location (C:\Program Files\KORG\KORG USB-MIDI Driver) and it worked fine. Unplug, plug back again and the SoundEditor should work now.
Cheers,
J.
X-Trade

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diabluz wrote:
Hi, I had the same problem but I solved it in a different way, after installing the USB MIDI drivers Windows XP was still not able to find the driver, but I saw that the KORG USB-MIDI Drivers were actually copied, so after cancelling the driver installation and plugging the Pandora back again I selected to search for the driver under that location (C:\Program Files\KORG\KORG USB-MIDI Driver) and it worked fine. Unplug, plug back again and the SoundEditor should work now.
Cheers,
J.

This is basically what the utility in 'Start > Programs > KORg > USB MIDI Driver > Install KORG USB MIDI Device' does for you. It forces the OS to use the KORG driver rather than the windows one.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: