Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Switch Samples While in Keyboard Mode

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chupa

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:16 pm    Post subject: Switch Samples While in Keyboard Mode Reply with quote

Hello,

I recently picked up a MicroSampler and I am really digging it, however I wanted to know if anybody knows a more accurate way to switch between samples while in Keyboard mode? The Sample Select dial is pretty sensitive and switching back and forth on the fly can be tricky. I like having the ability to go back and forth between samples that are stretched out over all the keys while in the same song. Does anyone know of a shortcut or an easier way to assign and switch between samples while in the Keyboard mode?
Jim Pong

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use the sequence select knob. Assign a sample to sequence 1 turn the knob to sequence 2 assign a sample to sequence 2 and so on.
Then save the bank.
Now you can select 16 samples with the sequence select knob.

It would be much nicer however if you could just hold down the "keyboard" button and press the key that holds the sample you want to select. I hope korg will update the firmware to make this possible. As a way to enhance and fine tune all microsamplers out there. Rolling Eyes
beatifictatter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, this workaround is about as good as it gets. Useless if you want to play different patterns and different keyboard sounds simultaneously though...been asking/hoping for the 'hold keyboard button and select sample' feature in an OS update since I got the machine. The dial is far too clumbsy to use without often missing the sample you want or having to select very slowly...annoying.
shabby

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i use my akai mpd24 connected to laptop running bome midi translator, u cannot only change sequences / sounds on key channel wih the pads of the mpd, u can also catch the input of the parameters from the korg and let them response to a CC or note or other midi message.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: