Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help, my lcd screen has gone dark.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rikkisbears
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:30 am    Post subject: Help, my lcd screen has gone dark. Reply with quote

Hi Guys,
I've had a few weeks off.
Just turned on my PA800.
My Lcd Screen is dark. Keyboard appears to be working ok but can't see screen.
I tried adjusting the contrast using dial whilst holding menu button, still unuseable but at least at certain angle I can see something so I can tell the screen isn't totally dead. Are there any other buttons I should be pushing or could some sort of fuse have blown??
Thought I'd check with you guys before sending off for repairs.

best wishes
Rikki

HOBBYIST

PA5X 88 note
Wavesart CFX 9ft Grand Piano 🥰
Wavesart Japanese Grand Piano

Yamaha PSR SX900

Band in a Box 2023
Jano

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if your screen is not broken or there aint any magentic fields, then it has to do with your OS you should defenatly reďnstall it.

Greetz,

Jano
LESSISMORE
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The backlit is out.
I think it has nothing to do with OS.
Please mail to support-hotline.

LiM

The Good The Bad And The Ugly
JerryT

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Rikki,
Sorry to hear about your LCD screen problems. I hope that Korg support can give you any easy remedy. Please let us know how you make out ... I'm sure that whatever information that you glean will be useful to all of us at one time or another.
Ciao,
Jerry
keith-helen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ya Rikkibears

So glad you are back. Missed you. I did post an item asking where you were.

Sorry about your keyboard.

Best wishes

Keith Lawton
and PaAs have now got left handed banjo
rikkisbears
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:52 am    Post subject: Re: Help, my lcd screen has gone dark. Reply with quote

Thanks Guys,
I'll see how I go.
I've just had a heap of people staying. They've now left & Ihopefully I can now get my keyboard sorted out.

HOBBYIST

PA5X 88 note

Yamaha PSR SX900

Band in a Box 2023
dwpayne

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:38 pm    Post subject: Dark LCD Reply with quote

Hi Ricki, Sorry to hear about your dark Lcd screen.About 2 years ago I had a PA 60 go dark on me .I was lucky I was able to get a Replacement from a firm in the States. Smile I do not know if they have PA800 spares but I suggest a phonecall.
the company is called PART IS PARTS phone 800-590-0014.
hope this will be of use to you. Dave
neverkorgagain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if u still have warranty than its best to go to us service.... and if u dont, than go to some electronic, and put LED lights instead original lamp, its 100x cheeper and 10 times beeter light Very Happy only have to do little change , but its easy for every guy who does electronics.... i did that on my pa80, and its was better than original... if u now a little of electronics than buy cheep chineese led lamp to use leds from it. I can give u pictures of this operation... i remember that price for original pa80 display was 400 euros (in my case i needed just that little light, but they didnt want to sell appart, just whole screen) and i bought LEDs and some condensators for less than 5 euros and one guy charged me 10 euros for fixing that.
rikkisbears
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys ,
thanks again.
Unfortunately I'm well out of warranty, i don't know anything about electronics, so i wouldn't really like to touch it. I'd trust my husband even less haahaa.

I've managed to find a repairer who's only a couple of hours away, so we'll try & drop it in sometime this week.

best wishes
Rikki

neverkorgagain wrote:
if u still have warranty than its best to go to us service.... and if u dont, than go to some electronic, and put LED lights instead original lamp, its 100x cheeper and 10 times beeter light Very Happy only have to do little change , but its easy for every guy who does electronics.... i did that on my pa80, and its was better than original... if u now a little of electronics than buy cheep chineese led lamp to use leds from it. I can give u pictures of this operation... i remember that price for original pa80 display was 400 euros (in my case i needed just that little light, but they didnt want to sell appart, just whole screen) and i bought LEDs and some condensators for less than 5 euros and one guy charged me 10 euros for fixing that.

HOBBYIST

PA5X 88 note

Yamaha PSR SX900

Band in a Box 2023
rikkisbears
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I've got my PA800 back. Whole screen had to be replaced cost us over $600. Fortunately we were able to take the keyboard ourselves, so we saved on freight.
Bit dissapointing a 2 1/2 year old screen would go, considering keyboard has had home use only, and it failed when it wasn't even in use.
Anyway, thankfully I've got it back again.

HOBBYIST

PA5X 88 note

Yamaha PSR SX900

Band in a Box 2023
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rikkisbears wrote:
Hi,
I've got my PA800 back. Whole screen had to be replaced cost us over $600. Fortunately we were able to take the keyboard ourselves, so we saved on freight.
Bit dissapointing a 2 1/2 year old screen would go, considering keyboard has had home use only, and it failed when it wasn't even in use.

That is actually very disapointing. These keyboards had so much potential. It really is upsetting. For the first time, I started looking around for another keyboard brand, after being a loyal customer for the past 15 years. I've never tried yamaha, liontracs..etc, but I really should do myself a favor and look beyond korg. I'm very disappointed with Korg.

rikkisbears
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sam,
I'm a bit dissapointed also. My little yammie PSR 1500 , I've had for 4 or 5 years, not a glitche. My Yamaha electronic piano, nearly 7 years old , ditto.
Long term, I'm seriously thinking of going back to Yamaha, or else my old software realtime arranger setup which uses Yamaha style format. Use the Korg as controller & melody voices, use software/softsynth arranger for styles. My styles don't become redundent if I switch keyboards. I only use it at home anyway.
The software arranger is a bit more flexible with it's styles than the yammie keyboard.
That's where I got the idea of trying the multiple time signatures in a style.
The software was able to do it, the yammie keyboard couldn't , trhe Korg could.

Unfortunately the other brands don't have the same great style creation functions as the korg. I'm excluding Liontracs from my statement as I've never owned one. I have had Technics, Roland, Yamaha & Ketron keyboards over the years, though.

Hopefully it's just a one off glitche.

BTW , did you get my response to your message. I hadn't been around much ( whilst without my keyboard), so I didn't spot it for a few days.

Assyrianpianist wrote:
rikkisbears wrote:
Hi,

That is actually very disapointing. These keyboards had so much potential. It really is upsetting. For the first time, I started looking around for another keyboard brand, after being a loyal customer for the past 15 years. I've never tried yamaha, liontracs..etc, but I really should do myself a favor and look beyond korg. I'm very disappointed with Korg.

HOBBYIST

PA5X 88 note

Yamaha PSR SX900

Band in a Box 2023
Elektroman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about the screen Rikki. You are not a one off. I know another bloke whos pa800 screen died within 3 months of keyboard purchase. So he was lucky it was within warranty and it was fixed without a cent costing him. That was great news.
Personally, I've owned, the pa1x, pa2x, X5D, triton Tr and still have my triton extreme, and they all ran without a single glitch or hickup ever. Except, i recently had an issue with samples on pa2x, but that somehow fixed it self. And the keyboard has now been sold anyways so it doesnt matter. And all of those keyboards i have played a LOT and i mean , like on a daily basis and they still running pretty good.
Stuff like this should not deter you from the brand if it has been reliable for ya until now. Things like this happen. But then again, look at the LED issue on the pa2x... Confused And speaking with a mate who works at a music store, they have had a fair few M3's return with main board issues. Who knows it's a funny world we live in. Maybe korg's cutting back on their QC department.
Vangelismusic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rikkisbears wrote:
Hi,

WOW! that alot of money for a screen? I don't understand why so much? I guess labor was alot?
Vangelismusic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rikkisbears wrote:
Hi,

WOW! that's a lot of money for a screen? I don't understand why so much?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: