Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PLEASE HELP !!! Rendering a midi file to audio.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Sequencers / Audio recording packages.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LMG

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:23 am    Post subject: PLEASE HELP !!! Rendering a midi file to audio. Reply with quote

When working on your PC with samples (virtual instruments libraries like VSL, EWQLSO, etc), you make a midi file in a sequencer (Sonar, Cubase, etc) and you assign a sound sample for each track. Then you "render" the midi file, and it converts it to an audio file.
Is this process the same if instead of using those libraries, I use the sound of my Korg? I mean, having your Korg synthesizer conected via MIDI to your PC, is it possible to render the midi file to an audio file using the sounds of your synthsizer?
I ask this because I have always recorded my synth into the sequencer using the AUDIO IN of my PC directly, recording as audio.
Is it possible to do the "render" thing?

Thank you!
Diego
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

Sorry, but it's the only way to do that...

Regards

Korg M3 with EXB Radias & EXB-256 onboard
MOTU Traveler - iBook G4
philtipping

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might have misunderstood the problem as I have never used PC samples with MIDI, but I would have thought if you send the MIDI from your PC sequencer to the Korg synth, it will play whatever synth 'sounds' the tracks/channels/patches are assigned to. If your PC cannot record this audio at the same time as playing MIDI then I see the problem, but if it can, or if you have a separate audio recording device, then what you are asking for may be possible.
Alternatively, if your synth can store the MIDI data temporarily by either 'recording' it direct from the PC, or if the synth can playback a MIDI file from a floppy disc you create with the PC, then you can free up the PC for just recording the audio.
Sorry if I have missed the point completely Embarassed
Phil.
FSalomon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm not sure I understand but i beleive you want to convert midi to audio. There are 2 or 3 ways.

1 If you import the midi files into Cubase (or whatever DAW Program), you can create an audio track for each midi track . recording might be tircky. i do it from my korg pa1xpro. it has 4 outputs (L,R,1+2). I can record 4 audio channels simultaneously or six if i do the Left Right on 1 and 2. But you mute the channels that are not within the four or six track limit... and so on.

2. You can do the mix from your sequencer keyboard program and if you like it (doesn't matter if you load the midi file into the daw software or not), then using your left right out from the keyboard, You record a stereo audio into an audio track.

3. If you are using cubase and want to hear sound without converting to audio and without connecting your midi keyboard, just convert or import your midi tracks into midi instruments... or use the vst instruments (F11). You can convert to audio after routing its input to the vst out. Or just Export the instrument tracks and choose to put them back in project.

Hope this is not too much. Hope it helps.
FSalomon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm good.
Just revisiting my post , I realize I didn't solve this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Sequencers / Audio recording packages. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: