Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Now i remember why i hate microsampler

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kh4os

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Now i remember why i hate microsampler Reply with quote

After some months not using my microsampler i decided to use it again.
Not only it is dificult make it detectable by my computer. After reinstall driver, and editor and set them, the only thing i get it is a f***** timeout message in the editor library. It says microsampler is conected but it doesnt recieve or sent. i am really thinking korg is really really bad making software and drivers...Now i cant use it. This is unbeliable.
kh4os

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: all afternoon trying to make it works Reply with quote

no results, i have unistanll and reintall drivers and editor dozen of times..change the usb, and no f*ck*ng results... i am advanced user.
Editor says microsamplers is connected but it doesnt recieve or send...
This is unacceptable..
CAN YOU HEAR ME KORGGGGG, CAN YOU HEAR TO MOST OF THE USER ON THIS FORUM????

IT IS IN UNBELIABLE...I HAVE PURCHASED A MACHINE AND I CANT USE IT.......
X-Trade

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first of all:
have you actually run the utility to install your KORG device (utility located in start>programs>KORG>USB-MIDI Driver>Install KORG USB MIDI Device, or similar).
Simply running the installer package is not enough. It copies the files to your system but you need the utility to actually assign the drivers to the device

secondly:
If you want KORG's attention or support, you should contact your national KORG distributor. This forum is not run by KORG.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
kh4os

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1- yes, of course
2. as other many users i have mailed to them, without any answers.

3 dont know what the hell is doing korg but the support and quality lately is minimal.
3sleeves

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try restarting the computer after your installs and then plugging the MS-1 in again after the reboot? I've gotten it installed and running on XP and Vista with no problems...aside from not realizing I had to run the driver utility after installing it (that process was confusing the first time).
lloydsmith

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not helpful in your case but just an observation - if the software was a nightmare to install for everyone - there would be many more complaints on here.

There is a procedure as stated above you have to follow - but it sounds like you have done that - so I wonder if your system and the drivers just don't get on for some reason. I have installed it on 3 systems without any issue, on OS XP & Windows 7 & I'm not very technically minded so if I can get it running......

I can't speak for KORG tech support but it is odd they have not responded - how did you phrase the question I wonder?

Personally I am not impressed with KORG's general communication skills compared with Kurzweil (fabulous), but who knows what goes on within these corporations when it comes down to prioritising resources.
lloydsmith

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deleted unhelpful post..

Last edited by lloydsmith on Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
kh4os

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I repeat i have installed microsampler before, i know how the things are. But now it doesnt work. The editor check that microsampler is connected but i cant transfer or recieve. Global protect is off
lloydsmith

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe try it on another computer? Just to rule out anything odd happening with your USB ports/ driver recognition.

Wonder if s/w has got corrupted so download that again to be sure it's not that.

Can't think what else to try, I'm afraid. KORG should have got back to you themselves by now - can't comment on their support as haven't needed it as of yet.
kh4os

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After some days trying all things i could image, and trying in different computer i found the stupid solution.

GLOBAL/MIDIROUTE=USB+MIDI
lloydsmith

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See PDF manual p39 & 42....

OK - well glad you have sussed it out & I hope now it's up & running you get some good music done. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: