Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Triton Le FKS:NG Error, Keyboard wont play !!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carumartins@gmx.net

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:20 am    Post subject: Triton Le FKS:NG Error, Keyboard wont play !! Reply with quote

Hello Guys,

Ive seen this posted earlier, but no proper resolution. The FKS:NG pop's up at poweron,
1.keys wouldnt play
2.Audition Works
3.Midi IN Works
4.Sequnces load and play
5.Cannot save Progs and Combis.
6.Cannot load Defaults.

I tried reinstalling the OS, it installs but the problem persists.

Has anyone got this resolved ?? or had it happen to them >>

Martin
nanodocl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: NG error korg LE Reply with quote

The problem seems to be the hardware or the connection between them. I have the same problem, still apeear sometimes.
DaveCornick

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:04 am    Post subject: Simms Reply with quote

I just fixed the problem. A simm card was loose. On the bottom of the keyboard theres two silver plates. Under one of them is the simm cards check to see if they're loose.
DaveCornick

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had the error again. Turns out it wasn't the simm cards. It was a cable with multiple wires that plugs into the same board as the simms. It was loose.
DaveCornick

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

May be a combination of loose wires. Had the error again but after some fiddling with wires fixed it.
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What springs to mind is that local control may be turned off and memory protect is on for programs and combis. If memory protect is on it might interfere with your reloading process.

Can you access Global menu?

Check that local control is ON.

Check that memory protect is OFF for programs and combis and global data.

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
MusicallyMrM

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool The definitive answer (and I know I probably need to introduce myself first but I was burning to answer this as I don't know why it was so hard to figure out)

The FKS:NG code is a "hardware exception error" code. The cause? Poor connection of associated parts due to:

1. Contact corrosion (it doesn't have to be brown or green for it not to be clean)

2. "Chip Creep". Yep this is real condition. We used to see it a lot on earlier computers. Heat cycles of certain IC's will cause expansion and pins will literally lift out of the IC sockets. Easy to fix but very annoying. You will notice it most when a piece of gear has been used in a warm temparature and then transfered to a cooler temparature. Someone i know ask me why doesn't that happen with my Triton Extreme or my classic. On those boards, the chips are "direct soldered" to the board. Not placed in a socket. Why do it that way? For the same reason Korg introduced the LE or the TR. It cut's manufacturing cost!

3. Shake and excessive vibration will cause this.

The fix......for me was easy. Remove the 2 access plates on the bottom of the synth and unplug connectors then "replug them". Spraying the pins lightly with "deoxit" helps but if you aren't real keen on where the spray is gonna land, don't try that. On IC's on circuit boards, gentle pressure on the IC sets it back in the socket. That usually fixes it for a long time. If you keep your LE long enough, it will happen again. (Also to be safe, always ground yourself before touching circuit boards/IC chips. Static electricity may not kill you but it *will* kill the chip you're touching.

I think the LE is a great version of the Triton and can be had at a reasonable price but......

......to get that price point, you'd expect Korg would have to cut corners somewhere. (Just like everyone else does.) Very Happy

Currently own Akai AX-60, Roland S-10, Roland alpha Juno 2, Yamaha DX-7 IIfd, Ensoniq ESQ-1 ver. 3.5, Ensoniq TS-12, Roland XP-80, Roland Fantom X7 and my most recent acquisition....Korg Triton LE 76 w/exb-smpl
thd77

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same issue. As of tonight it seems to be working, though. After taking the whole back panel off, I pulled out every port from it's socket, blew on it, and put it back in firmly. I'd recommend the same to anyone else

-- Will update if the issue persists after today
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: