Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Triton rack easy to use live?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
daffyduxxx

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Triton rack easy to use live? Reply with quote

Hi,
I have been using a Triton studio live with my band.But it is just too heavy to lug around.I bought an X50 hoping the sounds would be as good as the studio but they just don't cut it for me.
My questions are :- 1:Are the patches on the triton rack the same as those of the triton studio?
2: I am not all that au fait with MIDI.Could I use the X50 to control the triton rack and if so how do I change patches on the rack from the controller as the rack won't be within reach when I am playing live.
If the X50 is not suitable as a controller can you suggest a lightweight 61 key controller that is easy to use.
Many thanks for any help you can give.
Daffy
narf
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:10 pm    Post subject: Yes! Absolutely! Reply with quote

Hi looks like this has been posted almost a year ago, but I'll answer anyway...1.No the patches aren't exactly like the TS, but you can load your TS programs into the rack...some of them may sound different as some waveforms are not in the rack.

2.Yes, you can definitely control the Triton rack with an X50. Change patches as you normally do on the X50. Make sure you do not disable the patch/program change setting on the rack.
Cheers!
narf[/quote]
Vangelismusic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Yes! Absolutely! Reply with quote

The sounds are exactly like the Triton Studio the only differance is that you have to buy the extra EXB cards if you want the same waveforms of the Studio, keep in mind that there is no differance Studio or Rack on the hardware end of things.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Rack All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: