Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PX4 vs. PX5D Sound Quality

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IMusician

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:34 pm    Post subject: PX4 vs. PX5D Sound Quality Reply with quote

Hi There, I am new to this Forum. A few weeks ago I was visiting the forum and saw a thread from someone suggesting that the PX4 might sound warmer than the PX5D. I recently purchased a new PX5D after using a friends PX4 for a couple of weeks. At first I did notice a sonic difference, the PX5D seemed to be brighter, but because I did not see any of the PX4 presets I assumed (oh oh) that the tonal difference was due to that fact. So, I went and borrowed my friends PX4, WOW what a difference. So I edited some of the presets on the PX5D, using the PANDORA editor, to match the PX4, BLUES, TALK, STEVIE and VOX WAH.
I am not pleased with the result, the PX4 still sounds warmer.
Before I get a barrage of replies about did I check this, or did I set this, I am 53 years old and I have 30+years in the Music and Audio Industries, the keyboard is my first instrument, with a stong BASS and medium Guitar and Drums skills. I have my own studio, and I have strong sound engineering skills.

With all that said, I guess, I wanted that person to know that yes there is a difference.
Is that a good thing or bad thing? I guess it depends on how you use these units.
However it would be nice to get Korg confirmation on this.
LeonB

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMusician,

I manage to get far better sounds from the PX5D than the PX4.

1.resolution for recording phrases is MUCH better
2.sound quality is better overall but you have to tweak a bit:
- Set the presence of the cab-sim really low ( I prefer 0 )
- Use a fair amount of WET-AIR reverb if you use headphone
- Make sure te output ( utility ) is set to LIN when using a headphone

I did love the PX4 ( using headphones ) but the PX5 is much better and more versatile: 20 chains, USB connection, Ableton live 8 ( try it, it's awesome)

Greatings
IMusician

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:35 pm    Post subject: PX4 vs. PX5D Sound Quality Reply with quote

Hi LeonB,
Thanks for your reply and suggestion.
I do not get much time to come on line, so thank you for your patience for my reply.
No doubt the PX5 is more versitile, as a bass player I am more happy with the bass preset programs that the ones for guitar.
I will try your suggestions.
It may be awhile before I can reply, I have a nineteen moth old that keeps me busy.
Thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: