Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Midi problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Terzi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:26 pm    Post subject: Midi problems Reply with quote

I have faced very frustrating problem with sound module. I have Kurzweil MicroPiano sound module with my LE in my rig.

I did a splitted patch with piano from the module for right hand, and string pads from LE for left hand. No problem so far. Then I created next patch using only orchestral sounds from LE. I copied one piece of both patches to next patches so I can scroll them up with my footswitch. Everything works still well and I have now patches 1 and 3) piano&strings and patches 2 and 4) orchestras for the song.

Then I started to create patch number 5 for next song and something happened. I tried to make a combi using piano from module and something from my LE like I did before, but for some reason, my module don't receive any midi messages at all coming from LE. Only LE's global channel works, but not channel 2 that I was using with module, or any other channel. My patches works still fine which I did so there should be no injures in midi systems. Why is this happening? I've searched the reason so long, but I just don't get it.
X-Trade

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you:
1. set the mode for your piano timbre to EXT?
2. set the channel for your piano timbre to 2 (or whatever your MicroPiano is set to respond to)?
3. set up level and pan for that timbre to nonzero values in the mixer.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Terzi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did some researching. It found out that the sound A006 "The guitarist" (which is the patch where I should do first patch for next song) has some problems with midi. I changed the first timbre from A006 to EXT and set channel to 2 and panned it to center, but it doesn't send any midi. I also checked out volume of the timbre and the keyzone to make sure I don't play "deaf" keys. When I go to patch 007 and do the same things, there's no problems at all.

The same kind of problem is also in my orchestral patches that I made for my first song. my EXT timbre doesn't send midi. (The midi receive LED doesn't blink in module when I hit the keys so no midi goes in with EXT timbres. Only the ones with INT and global channel).

Is there be any options in menus or some parametres which could cause this? Or could something happen when I hit "program up"?
X-Trade

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First thing that springs to mind is to make sure that the arpeggiator isn't assigned to the timbres you're trying to work with.

There isn't any real specific option to stop it working like that, but there are a number of things it could be.

In general, you should check everything related to a timbre:
- The timbre mode (EXT/INT/Off)
- The MIDI channel
- The mixer settings (level and pan for that timbre)
- The program number selection
- Timbre key zones
- Timbre MIDI filter settings (the 'MIDI.1, 2, 3, &4' pages)
- Arpeggiator assignments.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Terzi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it! The arpeggiators were the reason. I off-checked the arps from the timbre which didn't send midi, and it started to work. I noticed last night that some of the timbres sent midi, but some didn't, so I guessed that there's some settings which could cause it, but arps didn't come to my mind. Thank you so much!

By the way, I'm curious to know, why arps prevents the miditransmission.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: