Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Battery Voltage for calendar IC is low ? Any Ideas?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
some1uk03

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:48 am    Post subject: Battery Voltage for calendar IC is low ? Any Ideas? Reply with quote

Hello,

My Triton Extreme started showing this message as it starts up:

Battery Voltage for calendar IC is low

I've been searching around, but without much luck. I think the CR2032 battery needs to be changed from inside?

Can anyone confirm, this is the case ?

Thanks
Xenomorph

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are correct. Replace with the same battery, takes but a minute and you won't see that message again Very Happy

Here's a past post about the battery...

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=40874

Current: Pa5X, Nautilus
Past: M1, X5D, N364, Karma, X50, TR61, M50, micro-Korg, Triton Extreme, Pa3x, Roland Fantom 06, Akai mpc key61
Reverend Jon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:14 pm    Post subject: Still seeing "the battery voltage for calendar ic is lo Reply with quote

I just went out and bought the battery to get rid of that pesky message, but only an hour after replacing it and using the keyboard, it rebooted while I was in the middle of playing and the "battery voltage for calendar ic is low" message showed up again. Unbelievable. If replacing the battery doesn't fix it, what does?? Something tells me that, whatever the problem is, it's going to be rather expensive to fix.
genesisfan63

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:01 am    Post subject: Error Msg Reply with quote

I really hope this error is software related & there is an upgrade.
Seemingly enough either this crash is under reported or ignored / fixed
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you secure/Install the battery properly???The CR2032 coin cells have a +/- end like other batteries that should be engraved on the coin face

I had to replace mine last year but never had any problems After installing the new Coin cell
Reverend Jon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I installed the new one just like the old one, although maybe the old one was improperly installed! At any rate, once I put the new battery in, I was able to play longer than I had been playing before the "battery low" message popped up so, without checking right away, I'm pretty sure the battery was put in correctly. It's a good suggestion though and one I will check and get back to you.
bsr2002

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anywayz, what's the big deal about this display? I have the same thing on my T-Studio. I just hit OK and live with it.

Just sayin

Smile

Live Rig: Roland Fantom X6, KORG TR61, Yamaha Motif ES6

http://www.facebook.com/bennyrillo
Reverend Jon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wouldn't be so bad except that it resets the keyboard. It can happen in the middle of a recording session. It gets to the point where it's hard to focus on the music when you've got that little nagging feeling that any second your performance could be cut tragically short by what seems to be an irreparable hardware bug.
muzikman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The battery is all that it needs... happened on mine, a CR2032 Lithium battery from any old supermarket these days... but make sure you put it the right way up... (polarity wise) Wink i never had a use for it either... why is there a "calander" feature anyway??? what use is it??? hmmmm..
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

muzikman wrote:
why is there a "calander" feature anyway??? what use is it??? hmmmm..

For date stamping files saved to the CF Card
payamusic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if i don't change the battery will keyboard works fine or is it necessary to change the battery ?
Reverend Jon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One huge problem is this - and it just happened to me, even after I replaced the battery with a new one (which, sadly, didn't fix the problem): if you're trying to load your floppy disk and that damned "voltage in calendar c is low" message pops up, you will lose your floppy disk. The one I lost was the "Factory Pre-Load Data" disk that comes with my Korg. I haven't bothered calling KORG yet - I bought this keyboard years ago so I expect I'll have to pay an arm and a leg to fix this, even though it is clearly a defect.
lancaster6

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe the battery u bought had been sitting in the store long enough for it to die quickly. at 4 bux i would try another brand and see if it is still problematic.
Reverend Jon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That EXACT SAME THING happened to me just a few weeks ago. Like you, I bought a brand new battery and it didn't change a thing (but I haven't experimented with powering up without a battery inserted). And, like you, I bought this Triton years ago and don't want to pay an arm and a leg to get my pre-load disk resent. So now my factory pre-load floppy is toast and I'm scared to try and load up the orchestral collection I like to use for fear of never having the pre-load sounds again. I don't know yet, but I'm hoping the second floppy can be loaded into the internal memory without overwriting the pre-load data. Lastly, you can expect replies to this thread about once every 6 months, so don't hold your breath that the answer will come in a timely manner, if at all. It's more of a forum for venting frustration from what I've seen.
lancaster6

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my extreme doesn't have a floppy. this msg just started popping up on my extreme. going to replace battery for tonight's gig and see if there is still a problem. will post results in a day or two.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: