Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Updating to OS 1.2 on Windows 7 64-bit problems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy L

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:08 am    Post subject: Updating to OS 1.2 on Windows 7 64-bit problems Reply with quote

I'm trying to update to OS 1.2 on Windows 7 64-bit but after switching on the keyboard with the Favourite 1 and 8 buttons held down then pressing Favourite 1, Windows Explorer hangs while it's waiting for the new removable drive (the SV-1) to initialise. After a few minutes, a message pops up saying 'You need to format the disk in drive [drive letter] before you can use it - do you want to format it?'

When I was trying to update to OS 1.1 from Windows 7 64-bit, I could get the SV-1 'drive' to appear as a local hard disk but Explorer would hang when I tried to copy the SV1.pkg file over. I ended up performing the update from my old Windows XP installation which worked fine, but I no longer have that available now.

Is there a way around this or a fix forthcoming? Windows 7 64-bit has been out for a year and the update process should really be working smoothly from it by now...
Xavius

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:54 am    Post subject: Found the problem Reply with quote

I'm not from Korg IT but whatever,

Solution is:
You need to plug the usb cable in a usb 1 not a 2.0 . Usually, when this happen at my work, it's because the software is using a SUPER OLD usb interface protocol, bla bla bla.

USB 1 ports can be found on recent computers. If you are using a desktop computer, you should see usb ports in the front of the tower. Try these, it will show up KORG USER. For laptop, it's usually the usb port on the left.

If your computer is usb 3 compatible, you can't have usb 1 ports.
mackbaz

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

last post is not quite right.. not all front usb is usb 1.0. I have no usb 1.0 connections on my computer, and i am not really sure that's the solution. My solution was to make a live usb linux jump drive and boot to that. follow the instructions just like you would on the mac and it works great. Let me know if you need any help.

To be honest it doesn't even seem like they paid attention to windows when writing the instructions. it says to check for the drive on your desktop. This is a behavior familiar to unix (linux and OSX), not windows.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-1 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: