Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Manual
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bach42t

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will we get a nice thick copy with the Kronos or is it going to be on a .PDF file on a disc? Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hedegaard

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bach42t wrote:
Will we get a nice thick copy with the Kronos or is it going to be on a .PDF file on a disc? Very Happy

I dont think we should expect the parameter guide on paper, but it would be a welcome edition for sure.

Perhaps now is the time to get one of those blasted iPads (and feel like a teen) then you can sit in bed with coffee and read the manual on a nice slow-starting Sunday morning Smile
EnjoyRC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hedegaard wrote:
Perhaps now is the time to get one of those blasted iPads (and feel like a teen) then you can sit in bed with coffee and read the manual on a nice slow-starting Sunday morning Smile

Amen... iPad / Good Reader / Kronos Manual

Korg (Kronos 88, RK-100S 2), Behringer DeepMind 12, Roland (GAIA, A-800-Pro)
ozy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon Lord wrote:
Yes where is the 1200page manual i can read before i go to sleep Very Happy

hear this giant sucking noise?

It's the Amazon Forest being definitely wiped off from Earth by the 25000 viewers of the "kronos thread", all of them downloading AND printing the Kronos manual.

There's an upside though:

In the process, some forumers will have to learn reading.

Bach42t wrote:
or is it going to be on a disc?

for those who can't read,

a 132-CDs AUDIO edition will be available.

Notice that I said "CD", not "mp3".

Noblesse oblige.
CfNorENa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ozy wrote:
Jon Lord wrote:
Yes where is the 1200page manual i can read before i go to sleep Very Happy

hear this giant sucking noise?

It's the Amazon Forest being definitely wiped off from Earth by the 25000 viewers of the "kronos thread", all of them downloading AND printing the Kronos manual.

There's an upside though:

In the process, some forumers will have to learn reading.

Bach42t wrote:
or is it going to be on a disc?

for those who can't read,

a 132-CDs AUDIO edition will be available.

Notice that I said "CD", not "mp3".

Noblesse oblige.

Ozy, you have to buy a Kronos. That's the only way we can assure your continued presence on this forum. Hell, I might even buy one for you just to keep you on here.
ozy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CfNorENa wrote:
Ozy, you have to buy a Kronos. That's the only way we can assure your continued presence on this forum. Hell, I might even buy one for you just to keep you on here.

why?

I evaluated the Oasys, didn't buy it in the end (will probably buy one now. Akos' one, probably, as soon as he despairs about getting an upgrade and sells it for peanuts Twisted Evil ),

but that didn't stop me from contributing steadily to the Oasys forum Wink

[mostly thanks to Heregaards photo collection... Embarassed ]

Seriously: I will test the pianos and electric pianos when the Kronos happens for real.

I don't care about the fake-analogues and the samples: I hate them both in general.

But if the euro prices I am hearing are true, 3500 euros for a huge stage piano + wavestation are just too much.
Akos Janca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CfNorENa wrote:

Thanks! Very Happy

ozy wrote:
I evaluated the Oasys, didn't buy it in the end (will probably buy one now. Akos' one, probably, as soon as he despairs about getting an upgrade and sells it for peanuts Twisted Evil ),

Make an offer. Very Happy
alantunucci

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Korg manuals! Can't wait for this one.

So cool to know that Dan is the guy. Dan, I love your manuals, even if they are not in my mother language. I think I can say your manuals helped me understand english better (not that I am good at it, lol). Congratulations, I am your fan.
Bach42t

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hedegaard wrote:

I dont think we should expect the parameter guide on paper, but it would be a welcome edition for sure.

I want one included, so I can have a decent read in the bathroom.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alantunucci wrote:
I love Korg manuals! Can't wait for this one.

So cool to know that Dan is the guy. Dan, I love your manuals, even if they are not in my mother language. I think I can say your manuals helped me understand english better (not that I am good at it, lol). Congratulations, I am your fan.

That's very flattering, thank you!

I can't take credit for all of them; Stephen Kay wrote the KARMA portions, and various people at Korg Inc. wrote most of the Seq, Sampling, and Disk info. So, as with most good things, it's a team effort. It's truly very gratifying to hear that you like them so much!

Best regards,

Dan
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
Savante

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
Dan

Dan, I've always wanted to tell you that your manuals are the best! Most specifically, your manual set for the Wavestation remains the best manuals I've ever seen for any synth. I learned how to use a synth from them! That you have had a major hand in the Kronos docs is a big plus for me in the direction of forking over the bucks to get a Kronos88.
Thanks!
Savante

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak2eL_0rCBE&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX1fHKsjwaA&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Pmp3sR91ak&feature=channel

First-ever synth I owned: Korg DW-8000, Current Korg gear: Korg Kronos 2; Korg Minilogue XD; Korg Krome EX; Korg Nautilus 61
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Savante wrote:
danatkorg wrote:
Dan

Dan, I've always wanted to tell you that your manuals are the best! Most specifically, your manual set for the Wavestation remains the best manuals I've ever seen for any synth. I learned how to use a synth from them! That you have had a major hand in the Kronos docs is a big plus for me in the direction of forking over the bucks to get a Kronos88.
Thanks!
Savante

Thank you! Note that Stanley Junglieb, who wrote many manuals for Sequential Circuits, did the manuals for the original Wavestation keyboard; I edited and added new stuff for the Wavestation A/D and EX, and had made many changes by the time of the Wavestation SR, but he deserves much of the credit. Stanley went on to found the pioneering softsynth company Seer Systems.
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
SpIdErWeB

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
I can't take credit for all of them.... So, as with most good things, it's a team effort...

So, congrats to the whole team then Smile
Savante

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
Thank you! Note that Stanley Junglieb, who wrote many manuals for Sequential Circuits, did the manuals for the original Wavestation keyboard; I edited and added new stuff for the Wavestation A/D and EX, and had made many changes by the time of the Wavestation SR, but he deserves much of the credit. Stanley went on to found the pioneering softsynth company Seer Systems.

Thanks for this info. I have a Wavestation SR and the accompanying manual set. Both the Player's Guide and the Reference Guide credit you by name as author on the cover of the manuals! Both are outstanding. It's been quite awhile since I've seen the author of a manual given credit by name on the cover.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak2eL_0rCBE&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX1fHKsjwaA&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Pmp3sR91ak&feature=channel

First-ever synth I owned: Korg DW-8000, Current Korg gear: Korg Kronos 2; Korg Minilogue XD; Korg Krome EX; Korg Nautilus 61
JimH

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because of the Kronos announcement I started to look at the OASYS manuals to get a better idea of the details. They are good manuals of course. So I hope you don't mind if I make a minor suggestion. Not about the content, but the format. Sometimes I had a bit of trouble navigating the columns. The pages are split into two vertical columns. Sometimes you're meant to read the left column all the way to the bottom of the page and sometimes times not. I suppose it might seem clear if a page is divided by a full-width horizontal line, like the start of a new section, then you read both columns above the line then both columns below it. Examples are pg 80, 86, 95 in the parameter guide. But a page like 52 is divided only by the picture and is not so clear which way section 2-1d continues. (I mean of course you eventually figure it out, it just slows you down.)

I had always thought that a nice manual was Steinberg Cubase so I opened that up to see what they do. While they also split the page into two columns, a new section never breaks a page. It's always within a column, or starts a new page. So you always read the left column all the way to the bottom first. Pictures are almost always within a column width. For the few pictures that are full page wide, the text on the page is either all above or all below the picture.

Sorry if this is nitpicking. Just a minor thing I noticed. I don't have OCD. Honest.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: