Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teaser for you guys of what to expect.
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Hedegaard
Senior Member


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 497
Location: Denmark

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akos, interesting concept and soundcloud looks quite good too showing the "WAV" file as its playing....

Do you have something from your own combis?

I think original combis is always better than copy&paste factory combis...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Akos Janca
Platinum Member


Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Posts: 1156
Location: Budapest, Hungary

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hedegaard wrote:
Akos, interesting concept and soundcloud looks quite good too showing the "WAV" file as its playing....

Do you have something from your own combis?

I think original combis is always better than copy&paste factory combis...


Thanks. So far I've been using my own Combis only for live band performances, so they don't contain drums and other KARMA stuff like the factory Combis. Instead of listening to me playing the keyboard part separately - which could be interesting anyway - please watch my band (lyrics are under the videos):

Future Plant - You complain (Fox live demo)
Future Plant - Say hello (Fox live demo)
Future Plant - Time (Fox live demo)
and one of my favourite cover songs: Future Plant - You gotta be (by Des'ree, Fox live demo)

Some background info from here: "The material is recorded on a rehearsal for demonstration purposes. We played it fully live without any additional backing tracks, etc. I use my OASYS 88 extensively: each song has its own polished Combi (I try to use only one Combi, if possible) with usually many split points for 4-6 timbres. I also use the Pads under the touchscreen for triggering samples or chords, and certainly the joystick/ribbon section. I have a headset microphone (Shure WH20) for vocals and some vocoder effects - coming from the OASYS. (Plus sometimes I play a tambourine with my left hand - for example in the refrain of "Say hello" or "You gotta be"). For monitoring I use Shure SCL5 earphones."
_________________
AkosJanca.com | Facebook | YouTube | SoundCloud | FuturePlant || OASYS-demos | nanoROCK demo | Korg Band in the Garage demo | Kronos Demo 1 | Kronos Demo 2
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Hedegaard
Senior Member


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 497
Location: Denmark

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the links, have seen a few of them.
But it seems like you're not really playing, just a few odd sound effects and dribbles&noodles there? Sad

Otherwise and more importantly, seems like you're having fun, which is basically what its all about Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Akos Janca
Platinum Member


Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Posts: 1156
Location: Budapest, Hungary

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hedegaard wrote:
Thanks for the links, have seen a few of them.
But it seems like you're not really playing, just a few odd sound effects and dribbles&noodles there? Sad

Otherwise and more importantly, seems like you're having fun, which is basically what its all about Smile


Thank you for your opinion. Very Happy
Next time please use your ears and eyes. Laughing
_________________
AkosJanca.com | Facebook | YouTube | SoundCloud | FuturePlant || OASYS-demos | nanoROCK demo | Korg Band in the Garage demo | Kronos Demo 1 | Kronos Demo 2
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Hedegaard
Senior Member


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 497
Location: Denmark

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akos Janca wrote:
Hedegaard wrote:
Thanks for the links, have seen a few of them.
But it seems like you're not really playing, just a few odd sound effects and dribbles&noodles there? Sad

Otherwise and more importantly, seems like you're having fun, which is basically what its all about Smile


Thank you for your opinion. Very Happy
Next time please use your ears and eyes. Laughing


Haha, yeah maybe that would help. Shocked
But I mean, you're using one finger at a time to play notes, not a whole hand, you know like normal solo playing.
Ok you're in a band, so you got someone to do the drums and chords e.t.c. for you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Akos Janca
Platinum Member


Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Posts: 1156
Location: Budapest, Hungary

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hedegaard wrote:
Akos Janca wrote:
Hedegaard wrote:
Thanks for the links, have seen a few of them.
But it seems like you're not really playing, just a few odd sound effects and dribbles&noodles there? Sad

Otherwise and more importantly, seems like you're having fun, which is basically what its all about Smile


Thank you for your opinion. Very Happy
Next time please use your ears and eyes. Laughing


Haha, yeah maybe that would help. Shocked
But I mean, you're using one finger at a time to play notes, not a whole hand, you know like normal solo playing.
Ok you're in a band, so you got someone to do the drums and chords e.t.c. for you.


That's why I posted these videos - to show playing possibilities in a band: 1. normal lead playing on keys (it's there but not the best), 2. playing chords or starting samples with the Pads, 3. splitting the keyboard for many timbres at the same time, 4. using the joystick and the ribbon.

Anyway, you don't need a "teaser" (see OP) do you? Turn on your OASYS. Wink
_________________
AkosJanca.com | Facebook | YouTube | SoundCloud | FuturePlant || OASYS-demos | nanoROCK demo | Korg Band in the Garage demo | Kronos Demo 1 | Kronos Demo 2
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Hedegaard
Senior Member


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 497
Location: Denmark

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I should turn it on, press Karma&latch and also use 1 finger...viola! Instant band Wink
You're right I don't need teaser, was just curious how you played....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Akos Janca
Platinum Member


Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Posts: 1156
Location: Budapest, Hungary

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hedegaard wrote:
Yeah, I should turn it on, press Karma&latch and also use 1 finger...viola! Instant band Wink
You're right I don't need teaser, was just curious how you played....


Sure, now I'm curious how you play. Wink
_________________
AkosJanca.com | Facebook | YouTube | SoundCloud | FuturePlant || OASYS-demos | nanoROCK demo | Korg Band in the Garage demo | Kronos Demo 1 | Kronos Demo 2
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group