Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos, Mic Pres & Audio Interfaces

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EnjoyRC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:15 pm    Post subject: Kronos, Mic Pres & Audio Interfaces Reply with quote

I just discovered that the Kronos SP/DIF port 24-bit, 48 kHz.
I'm thinking that my Focusrite TwinTrack Pro with the A/D digital card in it should be a perfect interface for recording into the Kronos. I hope this works as a mobile recording solution.
Any pros or cons with this setup? I'd love to NOT have to bring my entire computer setup just to record some vocal / instrument tracks.
What will you use to record into the Kronos?

Korg (Kronos 88, RK-100S 2), Behringer DeepMind 12, Roland (GAIA, A-800-Pro)

Last edited by EnjoyRC on Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sina172
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Sina172 on Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:16 am; edited 1 time in total
EnjoyRC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have my personal DAW studio. And it's completely setup the way I want it. No changes needed there. That's where the Focusrite TwinTrak Pro is along with my RME interface, etc...

But I'm trying to assemble a compact, remote recording solution. I'm thinking that the Kronos will easily do this for me. (Vocal, guitar tracks) And all we have is 2 balanced 1/4" inputs for recording analog signals. Soon after I receive the Kronos, this project will start. I'd like to be prepared.

For a small, portable solution, would this compliment the Kronos?

New NAMM '11 product:
http://www.artproaudio.com/products.asp?type=86&cat=9&id=167

It has S/PDIF Sample Rate switch selectable between 44.1K and 48K. Phantom power, Compressors, and so much more. I've never used ART preamps. Should I go for a different brand?

Mobile-wise... what's the best way to get good quality audio into a Kronos?

EnjoyRC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't it be great if we could plug a USB Audio Interface into one of the USB-A connectors? Some great manufacturers are making USB audio interfaces with great mic-pres in um. But they don't all have S/PDIF.

The iPad is accepting many differenct audio interrfaces plugged directly into it's USB port on camera adapter. As long as they're universal audio. I'd think that the Korg Kronos could handle the same thing.

Ajbbklyn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 on the RME Fireface - Firewire or USB - either flavor can be used standalone and send/receive S/PDIF. The mic pres are pretty transparent and the converters are top-notch.

The ART gear is quite good for the budget-minded and compares very well against the other stuff at that price point. The one you're looking at is $150, while an RME Fireface is upwards of $1,200. So, it becomes a question of how much you're willing to spend.
vEddY
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ajbbklyn wrote:
+1 on the RME Fireface - Firewire or USB - either flavor can be used standalone and send/receive S/PDIF. The mic pres are pretty transparent and the converters are top-notch.
So, it becomes a question of how much you're willing to spend.

+1 on Fireface. 2x800, 1x400. And additional Octamic II and Digiface. All working like babies from the first day, never had a problem with them, never had any glitches, nothing. Excellent mic pres and superb software and drivers. Fireface mixer kicks ass.

They're a bit expensive. But well worth the cash. Also, I've used them live on a gig. More then a few times. And recorded quite a few concerts live with them. Play-rec, forget.
Personally? LPI. RHCE, RHCI, RHCX, RHCVA. MCITP 2008 certification done. MCITP Virtualization Administrator done. MCITP Exchange 2010 done. MCITP MS SQL 2008 done. MCT done. MCSE Server Infrastructure 2012, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSE:Messaging and MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure done. VCP5-DV done. VCI done. MCITP: Sharepoint 2010 Administrator done. VCP5-Cloud done. VCP5-DT done. VCAP5-DCA done. VCP6-DCV done.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: