Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos Bugs?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin Nolan wrote:
But I also own the T3, O1R/W, Z1, Triton Rack and Karma (with MOSS board) and they all work incredibly well. I have never encountered a bug in any of these synths.

Let me introduce you to one HUGE bug with your EXB-MOSS. Transpose your Karma down 1/2 a step. Now play a moss patch. MOSS transposed a full step. Now transpose the Karma down 5 steps. The MOSS transposed 10 half steps.

WOOOPS. That was never fixed.

The M50 has a bug which I identified over a year ago that was acknowledged at that time but there was never a SW update to fix it. When you're playing things in 440, programming the chord buttons work like a champ. But transpose down a 1/2 (any actually) step and program those chord buttons. When you transpose back up and play the chords, they are off. The M3 does not have this problem, just the M50.

Never fixed.

Those are just two examples off the top of my head. I've seen other bugs on the M3 posted that never really affected me so I don't recall what they are, but those two affect me daily.

Back in the day, I remember OS support went on a couple years past the hardware being discontinued. Now it seems the OS support dies years BEFORE they discontinue the product. This is probably my one complaint about Korg as a company. It wasn't this way in the past. It's all about selling NEW, not so much about supporting EXISTING or OLD.

-Mc
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
dingo_klectos

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin Nolan wrote:
Seven of the nine synth engines come directly from OASYS and these are essentially bug free (from a practical stand point).

I've used them all extensively and they are absolutely rock solid. Porting issues aside, you can expect absolutely superlative quality synthesizers.

With great respect to Korg on this front - I believe that have among the very, very best audio technology software development teams in the world. I really mean that. The OASYS is a technical marvel - how they extract so much DSP power from a single Intel processor I'll never know. And it works - beautifully, virtually bug free and with enormous quality and efficiency.

But I also own the T3, O1R/W, Z1, Triton Rack and Karma (with MOSS board) and they all work incredibly well. I have never encountered a bug in any of these synths. And then you look at their stunningly rapid port of electribe to iPad virtually the day the iPad was released, and their truly wonderous iMS20 for iPad released almost as an 'aside' to their mainstream efforts, and you realise that the one thing above all else that Korg have absolutely nailed - lock, stock and barrell - is audio software. I do not believe there is a better company in existence in this regard. A huge amount of this seems to be down to Korg R&D in the US.

I'm speaking as someone who worked in the software industry for 9 years and who beta tested for OASYS - from these perspectives and from Korg's proven legacy, I'm personally not one iota worried about the quality of Korons' operating capabilities, efficiency and synth engine quality - they have long since 'nailed' how to do these to the highest conceivable quality.

Kevin.
No, you're speaking as just one more Korg fanboy who doesn't want to admit to being screwed...AGAIN!!
ozy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dingo_klectos wrote:
No, you're speaking as just one more Korg fanboy who doesn't want to admit to being screwed...AGAIN!!

speaking of "screwing"...

dingo, my I recommend you a remedy for repressed anger?

In the immortal word of Sigmund Freud's recipe:

"Cunnus Normalis, ad libitum, repetatur".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: