Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Set List Mode Navigation Question...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RichF

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon Lord wrote:
danatkorg wrote:
Slot number
Slot name
Prog/Combi/Song bank & number
Prog/Combi/Song name
So the slot name is individual/separated from the actual prog/combi name?

Right. The idea being, the slot name could be "My favorite lead" or "2nd verse solo" or something like that.
RichF

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Dan beat me by 2 full minutes on that one. I could FEEL him typing from across the country. Smile
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichF wrote:
Wow, Dan beat me by 2 full minutes on that one. I could FEEL him typing from across the country. Smile

But your avatar is MUCH cooler!
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
Jon Lord

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dan & Rich.
You know how ridiculously good this feature is? This is just what my M3 is missing, helping guys like me with a memory span of 10seconds to actually remember how the song goes haha.
my only complain will now be (since kronos will be a nice master controller keyboard) that there are no extra midi outputs & few extra assignable-pedal inputs to further enhance the master controller functionality, maybe the next generation then Wink

maxipf

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilDragon wrote:
There's nothing "borrowed" from Roland. Korg's smooth sound transition retains all the effects of all programs involved, whereas on Roland you have to use Live mode, in which you have only up to 8 timbres (16 on Korg) and halved FX power... Roland is clearly weaker in this regard. Also, the method by which the smooth transition is done is completely different.

I meant Fantom X, where you've a Live mode that it's similar to Kronos and Piano mode, very similar too. It's logical that Kronos is far better due to the fact that is 8 "years after" and more "oasys based".
Due to the fact that sometimes these "functions" are under copyrights of a company it was only a question.....I spoke about the "idea"......
The Kronos' set mode it's so useful for a gig and I simple don't understand "why only now"......
Another thing that I would like to see on Kronos and that's is so useful for gig, ( and I haven't on my M3), is the possibility, in combi mode, to switch on or off the midi transmission of notes channel by channel BUT at the same time giving the possibility to set up an external gear (msb/lsb/pc like "ext2").
Last but not least, I'm very curious to see the "virtual pads" on Kronos screen.....and of course also to know if it's possible to do the same "workaround" with Karma to change a series of sounds in a combi with Karma and Vpads....
Megakazbek

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxipf wrote:
I meant Fantom X, where you've a Live mode that it's similar to Kronos and Piano mode, very similar too. It's logical that Kronos is far better due to the fact that is 8 "years after" and more "oasys based".
Due to the fact that sometimes these "functions" are under copyrights of a company it was only a question.....I spoke about the "idea"......

Ideas cannot be copyrighted. And to be fair, all these are not inventions of Roland or anyone else, they are pretty obvious general ideas that come up by themselves from logical development of keyboard workstations. Roland just happened to implement some of them in actual instrument earlier than others, that doesn't mean that anyone who implemented them later "borrowed" anything from Roland.
maxipf

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Megakazbek wrote:
maxipf wrote:

Ideas cannot be copyrighted. And to be fair, all these are not inventions of Roland or anyone else, they are pretty obvious general ideas that come up by themselves from logical development of keyboard workstations. Roland just happened to implement some of them in actual instrument earlier than others, that doesn't mean that anyone who implemented them later "borrowed" anything from Roland.

Ideas cannot be copyrighted, right, but if you put your "ideas" in a way that you'll sell it, I think that a minimal of protection there will be, specially in software world. Think about Microsoft or Apple, Facebook, etc., or in other world think at the music, and so on world by world.....I'm sure that also Korg/Yamaha/Roland have their software/ideas copyrighted; it's normal....
But, I repeat, it's only a question......nothing else......it's only a similar function, and I'm happy that is there. To be honest is 30% of my decision to leave M3 for Kronos.

About Kronos, I haven't well understood if it's possible to write "comments" only on the first line of the page or also into the "squares" reserved to the programs/combies/songs showed on the set mode's display.
This is because using Karma to change sounds within a combie it would be comfortable to be able to write what's changing within karma scenes on that particular program/combie/song location.
TheLeadingSaw

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxipf wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:
There's nothing "borrowed" from Roland. Korg's smooth sound transition retains all the effects of all programs involved, whereas on Roland you have to use Live mode, in which you have only up to 8 timbres (16 on Korg) and halved FX power... Roland is clearly weaker in this regard. Also, the method by which the smooth transition is done is completely different.

The Kronos' set mode it's so useful for a gig and I simple don't understand "why only now"......
Another thing that I would like to see on Kronos and that's is so useful for gig, ( and I haven't on my M3), is the possibility, in combi mode, to switch on or off the midi transmission of notes channel by channel BUT at the same time giving the possibility to set up an external gear (msb/lsb/pc like "ext2").
Last but not least, I'm very curious to see the "virtual pads" on Kronos screen.....and of course also to know if it's possible to do the same "workaround" with Karma to change a series of sounds in a combi with Karma and Vpads....

You can't copyright an idea... It's like copyrighting the function of playing more than one voice at once...
danatkorg

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxipf wrote:

I understand what you mean. It's a good request, but I think that there's an easy workaround: set the Timbre's key zone to a single note at the lowest possible pitch, note number 0, which is far below the actual keyboard.

Best regards,

Dan
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
danatkorg

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxipf wrote:

About Kronos, I haven't well understood if it's possible to write "comments" only on the first line of the page or also into the "squares" reserved to the programs/combies/songs showed on the set mode's display.

The comments are attached to the Slots ("squares"). Each Slot can have up to 512 characters of text.

maxipf wrote:
This is because using Karma to change sounds within a combie it would be comfortable to be able to write what's changing within karma scenes on that particular program/combie/song location.

That's a cool trick. Note that depending on what you are doing, Seamless Sound Transitions may make that workaround unnecessary.

- Dan
maxipf

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
maxipf wrote:

I understand what you mean. It's a good request, but I think that there's an easy workaround: set the Timbre's key zone to a single note at the lowest possible pitch, note number 0, which is far below the actual keyboard.

Best regards,

Dan

Thanks Dan, it's what I already do with M3, and it works well....
Max
maxipf

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
maxipf wrote:

The comments are attached to the Slots ("squares"). Each Slot can have up to 512 characters of text.

maxipf wrote:

That's a cool trick. Note that depending on what you are doing, Seamless Sound Transitions may make that workaround unnecessary.

- Dan

Sorry for the term "square"....512 characters per slot? fantastic! I can write songs text also! ( my "memory" is limited due to the age, work, family, dog and so on...).

Set mode, text into slots and seamless transition could be very usefull in a gig because you can decide to change "random" a program or a combi during a performance without "running" throught pages of combis and/or programs.
You can put your "fantasy" on stage, not bad......and in case of unexpected changes I'll be always ready.......

Now it's time to order my Kronos 88 and sell all the others gears.....only one doubt remain: cx3 vs nord stage's hammond......and, listening to the demo, for the other common categories Kronos is more than a step forward, imho...

Thanks Dan
Max
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: