Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Loss of all patches ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
daffyduxxx

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Loss of all patches ? Reply with quote

Hi,
I have just bought a korg triton rack from Ebay.When it arrived I booted it up and all the patches were initialised.
i.e all the combos were "initial combo 0000! etc.
I downloaded the preload discs from Korg and loaded them into the rack and booted it up, all the sounds were there!!
However, I am worried that they may disappear again, and leave me with a useless rack, and empty bank account.
I emailed the seller and he said he hadn't used it for 6 years.Is it possible that it could have leaked it's memory over the 6 years?
Could it be that the korg triton rack has battery backed memory and the battery may be flat?
Many thanks for any help you can give.
Paul
aaronpico

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this is an old post. Did you figure it out? Sounded like the battery needed to be replaced.
Korg M50-61, Kurzweil PC1SE, Korg Tr-Rack, Soundcraft EFX8, 2xBehringer B300, Traynor YCS90, TC Electronic Nova System, Alternate Pedalboard, Strat, Tele, Hagstrom Swede, Condenser Mics, Stands, Cables, Harmonicas, Tambourine, and last but not least, the invaluable Swirlygig!!!
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

battery? what battery?

The seller probably just wiped the patches before shipping it. When I was about to sell my Triton, I reloaded the factory disks just to make sure my custom patches weren't on there.
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
aaronpico

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McHale wrote:
battery? what battery?

The seller probably just wiped the patches before shipping it. When I was about to sell my Triton, I reloaded the factory disks just to make sure my custom patches weren't on there.

Not being the owner of a Triton Rack, I didn't realize there was no battery. Seems like most synths etc have a battery to be able to retain your patches, etc when powered down.
My Kurzweil has one, My effects processors have them.

Wouldn't the factory settings still be there?
Korg M50-61, Kurzweil PC1SE, Korg Tr-Rack, Soundcraft EFX8, 2xBehringer B300, Traynor YCS90, TC Electronic Nova System, Alternate Pedalboard, Strat, Tele, Hagstrom Swede, Condenser Mics, Stands, Cables, Harmonicas, Tambourine, and last but not least, the invaluable Swirlygig!!!
Rosen Sound
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its definately a battery issue, sometimes this can be solved by simply leaving the synth on for a few hours, or just oen the sucker up and find the battery, more then likely is a CR2032 coin size battery!
its no biggy, just dont spent 200 dollars to fix it if you dont gotta

Current gear: Korg Kronos 61, Oberheim OB-8, Alesis Vortex
Past Gear: Triton Extreme w/moss & ram, Korg Radias, Kurzweil Micropiano, Triton classic, & Karma
Come visit my Burbank California repair shop/recording studio! Rosensound.com
And my band: Sirion.us.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Rack All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: