Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recommended uk retailer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ix studio

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:45 pm    Post subject: Recommended uk retailer Reply with quote

Hi

can anyone recommend a good uk retailer for the kronos who is taking orders , i rarely buy synths new and dont know adam from eve ?
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't found one yet - not that I've been overly looking though!

spoke to PMT in Birmingham - they aren't taking orders at all. No point yet.

Wait to see what happens after Music Messe.
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always use nowadays

http://www.andertons.co.uk/

First class service,and they give you loyalty points for purchases and they price match without question,(although the prices are normally the cheapest anyway)and the stock is visible on the product page.

http://www.gak.co.uk/Find these to be decent although never bought anything other than a couple of mics,which they had in stock on every oocasion I bought.

http://www.pmtonline.co.uk/pmtonline/Never bought from these guys but there showroom in Birmingham is a decent demo facility,but find there prices a little expensive in regards to others but never bought from them so don't know if they pricematch.

Here's some more but Won't deal with them again for the reasons I state here
http://www.dv247.com/

Digital Village,(Ok service)but tend to take your money well in advance then either tell you they can't source the item at the price they advertised (which is normally well below the average in order to gain sales then offer you an alternative at a higher price,)but are happy to accept full payment well before your goods arrive and take your money to gain interest on it and ignore your email after you demand a refund,I would reccomend paying via Credit card with these as they have a habit of pissing you about if they don't have the goods in stock,Even though they will tell you they do and take your money.

http://www.production-room.com/

Production room,will never deal with PR again,these are rip off merchants and box shifters selling showroom display models as new boxed,the synths I bought from them claiming to be brand new boxed were grubby and finger prints all over them and presets been over written etc,loads of stand scratches on the underside,clearly been used in the shop,claiming to be the only retailer who had brand new stock,hence why there prices were a little over the average,they simply bullshit you to make a sale,ended up sending both synths back and went elsewhere)won't deal with these clowns again,they gave me a load of tosh about they couldn't understand how these synths could have passed the Quality control from the manufacturer in the state they arrived to me Rolling Eyes yeh..do I Look like a Mug!!bought brand new synths since 1989 and never had a synth arrive in the state they were!!!let alone from Korg which the synths were made by ?????absolute idiots
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Recommended uk retailer Reply with quote

ix studio wrote:
Hi

can anyone recommend a good uk retailer for the kronos who is taking orders , i rarely buy synths new and dont know adam from eve ?

I find Digital Village to be absolutely excellent (I'm in Dublin and the service Digital Village UK provide is, for me, outstanding).

you can find them on:

http://www.dv247.com

Kevin.
iixorbiusii

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Recommended uk retailer Reply with quote

Kevin Nolan wrote:
ix studio wrote:
Hi

I find Digital Village to be absolutely excellent (I'm in Dublin and the service Digital Village UK provide is, for me, outstanding).

you can find them on:

http://www.dv247.com

Kevin.

+100

I only live about a mile away from Andertons, but despite their excellent customer service, in my experience they can't always match DV247 on price (that's how they 'lost' me to DV247 three years ago!).

Personally I now use Digital Village Birmingham for everything; their service (Chris and Paul) is excellent, their prices are the best AND they now have a 4 year warranty. Plus I also found that when I bought something I didn't like (I won't say what it was!), there were no issues with returning it within 30 days.
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh - I like DV Birmingham, but haven't been there in a while.

Is Chad still there?
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.
iixorbiusii

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...Plus my wife thinks "Digital Village" is the booking agent I use for business trips, so when she sees DV on the VISA statement, she assumes it's something I'll claim back from my company at some stage Wink

I can't get away with a Visa statement with "Andertons" on it... she knows who they are!
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO!!!!! Laughing
DaveBoulden

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another +1 for Digital Village. I get excellent service both by mail order from the Birmingham store (thankyou Paul Taylor!) or in person at the nearest store to me which is Romford (but still a 1hr+ drive).
Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I buy from www.Thomann.de English section. Their prices, service, communications, post sales support etc have been first class. Two day delivery to UK and 3 day delivery to Corfu.
X-Trade

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used digital village before, and had no problems. Their customer service seems to be quite good.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Recommended uk retailer Reply with quote

iixorbiusii wrote:

I only live about a mile away from Andertons, but despite their excellent customer service, in my experience they can't always match DV247 on price (that's how they 'lost' me to DV247 three years ago!).

I've always found that most retailers pricematch (Andertons included) providing you can show proof of prices elsewhere and so long as the shop you want them to pricematch with have the item in stock on that day,so that you could buy it there and then,DV always will pricematch but only if the store/Site you've seen it cheaper actually have stock,and how you pay also will have an effect on pricematching,Certainly being in the store and cash or creditcard handy has helped.

Sound Control(when they were still trading)was my first port of call and they always beat most sale prices,sadly I think undercutting was there downfall(but still had some good deals from them,including being Given a Free Microkorg when I bought the Oasys but I spent a vast amount of money close to over 20k in that shop in the few years it existed given my account I'm sure I received good discount based on my past purchases and got to know many of the staff well in the Birmingham store,(one of whom I still do regular keys session work for in his own studio)

DV wouldn't pricematch me recently with a MonoEvolver,because the store that had them advertised cheaper didn't have stock even though the price was advertised as lower on the site and I was willing to pay there and then at DV they wouldn't match the price,even though they had one in the warehouse there stubborness lost them a sale,it seemed to me like they were praying on my eagerness to buy one and trying to persuade me to buy at a little higher just because they had one in stock,but waiting 2 weeks for delivery from another dealer saved me £100.

I would also recommend

https://www.kmraudio.com/

Bought a Prophet 8 from them last year,an independant company first class service and sales,and even phoned me several months later to see if I was still happy with the purchase,never had that before.
iixorbiusii

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember 3 years ago, from DV I got an M3-61 with Radias EXB for £1549 and a Motif XS6 for £1470, both brand new and Andertons wouldn't, or couldn't match either price (humbly, not arrogantly). I guess it all comes down to personal experience in the end and I'm not knocking Andertons - I just cannot fault DV (Birmingham branch, at least - I have no experience with the others). My Blo' on the other hand did come from Andertons, as DV don't sell them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: