Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reason 4 & The microsampler

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SHOAL

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reason 4 & The microsampler Reply with quote

i bought a usb midi cable yesterday, i was very excited. Now i am just frustrated and on the verge of exploding. All i want to do is to be able to use the microsampler as a controller with reason, i've downloaded drivers and looked about in the midi routing menus of the microsampler but to no avail.
i just wanna make tunes and it's driving me nuts being so close and yet so far. Please i pray that one of you wise internet peeps will provide an answer.p.s i've been all through the preferences menu in reason and manually selected the closest thing to the microsampler, not recognising anything. this is my first attempt with midi.
Jim Pong

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which usb/midi cable is it? And do you have the driver thereof installed? If so then the name of the midi cable should appear. In the preferences Arrow keyboards and control surfaces Arrow add Arrow select manufacturer "other" Arrow click on "find" or select the midi input. the name of the midi cable should be listed in the midi input selection box.
SHOAL

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:26 pm    Post subject: fixed Reply with quote

got it all working. now i'm wondering if i can use reason 5 to trigger samples on the microsampler, it's good being able to use it as a midi keyboard but it can do so much more than that. i want to be able to use the microsampler to it's fullest potential alongside reason.
Jim Pong

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reason 5 sequencer doesn't have midi out. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: