Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Will there be quick tour in setlist?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:18 am    Post subject: Will there be quick tour in setlist? Reply with quote

I think my question got lost in the grass on page 6 of Oz's thread.

Oz raised the issue of difficulty selecting voices on play menu -- too small area, responsiveness, etc.

Dan or other Korgi's -- does the Kronos ship with anything in the setlist menu? Thinking, maybe "highlights of..." or "you gotta play this!" that would make for a quick knock-out demo.

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK - one more try here.

Watched the Nova music vid. Rich seemed to be doing most of his navigating from the setlist, as far as choosing sounds went.

To be expected.

Overhead shots revealed: Choose sound in setlist, pres edit or exit setlist, play / tweak / performance controls, back to setlist, next sound.

If I have 15 minutes (an absurdly short window for purposes of this question) at lunch (have to get in line with 10 other guys) to audition sounds of Kronos - are the killer sounds gonna be RIGHT THERE - in setlist - waiting to knock my socks off, or am I gonna have to scroll thru the gajillion onboard sounds and all nine engines to get an idea of what's possible?

BB

+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
jmexio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bill!

From what can be seen on all the demo vids around, all the guys demoing are going through the default setlist, and that is why we get to hear the same sounds over and over, in more or less the same order. That setlist is the quick tour you are expecting...

Of course setlist hold more than just the same 10 or so sounds you get to hear on all vids, so hopefully you'll find some surprises there. For instance, the head of voicing team actually seems to actually use the setlist to go into a SEQ also, a feat not highlighted in the rest of the demos.

Are you planning on getting your hands on a Kronos soon? Smile

Cheers,
Juan Miguel
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Juan,

Don't expect that it will be long after release before I get one.

I'm due for a new keyboard so this is not an impulse buy, but I am a great believer in first impressions.

Loved my Triton(s) from the first go -- and tho' there are some Roland (scat voice) and Yamaha Motif (texas boogie guitar) sounds that immediately caught my ear and that I'd love to have, the overall difficulty of navigation and the illogic and inflexibility of those synths always left me cold.

My triton classic got a complete from-the-ground-up hack. I reorganized the arps, slanted 'em heavily toward drums and bass, organized programs to a mnemonic scheme that let me call up patches from multiple banks without going to menu, and rewrote and heavily edited all the combis.

Can't do that with synths that have preset banks carved in stone. Deluxe GM is still GM.

BB

RichF

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi folks,

Yes, I'm doing all my navigating in Set List. It's really useful for demos, because I can use text notes to remind me of what I'm supposed to be talking about!

And yes, the first thing you see when you turn on a Kronos is a Set List with a guided tour. We chose sounds that represent each of the nine synth engines, plus a few Combis to show how they all work together. We put text notes in to describe the sounds, and to give you some tips on getting the most out of them. On a personal note, having written most of this text, I hope you find it useful. Smile

-Rich
mamamatze

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds great. Will make it way easier to get an overall impression of the Kronos when testing it in a store.
Rosen Sound
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So will there be demo models in store before its available?
Or do i have to wait till release date to try this thing?

Current gear: Korg Kronos 61, Oberheim OB-8, Alesis Vortex
Past Gear: Triton Extreme w/moss & ram, Korg Radias, Kurzweil Micropiano, Triton classic, & Karma
Come visit my Burbank California repair shop/recording studio! Rosensound.com
And my band: Sirion.us.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: