Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KORG.UK.CO has Kronos page w/ specs.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jon Lord

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Preset PCM:
314 MB (ROM 1,505 multisamples, 1388 drum samples)
Build-in Expansion PCM Libraries:
EXs1 - ROM Expansion
EXs2 - Concert Grand Piano
EXs3 - Brass & Woodwinds
EXs4 - Vintage Keyboards
EXs5 - ROM Expansion 2

EXs6 - SGX-1 German D Piano
EXs7 - SGX-1 Japanese C Piano
EXs8 - Rock Ambience Drums
EXs9 – Jazz Ambience Drums
EXs4 - Vintage Keyboards is not available on the Oasys right?, and what about EXs5 - ROM Expansion 2, this sounds like this is on the oasys, but why is it EX number 5?

jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StephenKay wrote:
jimknopf wrote:
My question is not meant provokative: I'm really interested.

Oh, c'mon. Of course it's meant to be provocative. Mr. Green

And it's not even relevant, given that Kevin's from Ireland. Wink

Stephen, I'm really willing to get back on topic. But I'm just curious about this, and a sincere answer is appreciated. How do you you as American deal with views on your (I already admitted: generalising just like in the German case) cultural 'habits', as we perceive them from outside? Is the border to feel really offended rather narrow or not? Of course I was provokative in the original allusion I mentioned, but it was not my intention to offend.
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf -

Don't want to take away from the thread (a quite good one) but I did see Stephen's comment as a very innocent joke and your comments as a little below the belt (and don't get me wrong - I'm not saying you're wrong and on the monetary front my country has nothing to be proud of a the moment so I claim no moral high ground). I suppose email/txt/forums are a lousy mode of communications anyway so apologies if I saw your comments as more serious than they were meant to be.

Anyway - let's not debate it any more - we're wasting a valuable thread.

Group Hug ??
(anyone know the smiley for that?).

Best regards to all.
Kevin.

Last edited by Kevin Nolan on Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
StephenKay wrote:
jimknopf wrote:
My question is not meant provokative: I'm really interested.

Oh, c'mon. Of course it's meant to be provocative. Mr. Green

And it's not even relevant, given that Kevin's from Ireland. Wink

Stephen, I'm really willing to get back on topic. But I'm just curious about this, and a sincere answer is appreciated. How do you you as American deal with views on your (I already admitted: generalising just like in the German case) cultural 'habits', as we perceive them from outside? Is the border to feel really offended rather narrow or not? Of course I was provokative in the original allusion I mentioned, but it was not my intention to offend.

How can we get back "on topic" with you posting a provocative question that requires an in depth answer? That's the exact opposite of attempting to get back on topic. Wink

I'm not going to get sucked into it. I'm sorry I started the whole thing by attempting to give a sentence a German accent. Look, I studied German in High School, have been to Germany several times, love the country, the language, and the very practical and logical nature of Germans - hence my little "joke". But it's not worth getting into an extended cultural debate over it. So let's, really, get back on topic. Smile

jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, Stephen: I really wanted a short answer (if possible) to get back on topic. So I will stay curious about US cultural self-awareness and humor. Thanks for the personal remarks about your background: that was helpful to understand your joking. And thanks, Kevin: your feedback made me think, so it can't have been wrong. Very Happy

Back on topic: Does anyone know what's in the "vintage keyboards" package?

I heard one (or two) Hohner D6 examples so far. Does anyone know about other content?
Just more EP/clavinet varaiations, or some basic analog synth samples, mellotrons, Farfisa and Vox organs, whatsoever?
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I 'm really hoping there are some vintage string machine samples in there - solina strings, Roland RS202 and VP330, and even the Trident Strings (very underrated IMO).
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

billbaker wrote:
Oddity is compounded by the fact that it IS still on korg.com - under workstations.

Not trying to second guess Korg's motives. Just interesting to see the first crack of light coming to those who dwell in darkness.

BB

The fundamental reason for differences is that these are all separate companies, separately managed and, in the case of Korg & More in Germany etc., separately owned. Korg.com = Korg USA.
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
rrricky rrrecordo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StephenKay wrote:

I said it was a joke. Wink

I vas tinking of Colonel Klink und Sargeant Schultz in Hogan's Heroes (60's American Sit-Com)...

We Canadians still relate to the show as well. It's a classic. You German dudes can catch it here:

http://www.justin.tv/hogans_heroes

Colonel Klink was played by the Jewish son of your brilliant German conductor Otto Klemperer, and was in fact a fine violinist and pianist as well as a fine actor. We know the stereotypes are just that - stereotypes - but they're great ones. I taught music in a German language school in London Ontario for two years, and I can't begin to count the number of times I would respond to the school's principal questions with "i no nu-think... nuuuuuuuuu-think!" He was cool with that even though I have not a drop of german blood in me.

I'm sure Stephen used the "accent" in a most light-hearted way. At least he didn't pull a Major Hochstetter Wink
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The series isn't unknown in Germany. It was running here in synchronised German: weird! Laughing But of course I have had some views at the original language version as well. It didn't raise much attention here, perhaps because all in all it seems to tell much more about stone old American WWII stereotypes than mirroring actual German reality.

Back to the Kronos:
no infos on the content of 'vintage keys' available?
orpheus2006
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on guys, relax!
We all know the world changed dramatically during the past 20 years. Spaghetti Bolognese is even served in the Himalayas, and city planning often has been standardized in a way that you could think you are in city A, although you are in city B. Stereotypes of the past belong to the industrial era, but have no place in the information and globalization age.
OK, there are some well-preserved traditional specialities in each country (or region), but usually those do not affect a modern daily live. It just helps to keep stereotypes available for those who occasionally need them (including myself). Wink
Korg M3-88 w/ EXB-Radias, Yamaha Motif Rack w/ PLG150-AN & PLG150-DR, Novation A-Station, RME Multiface II Audio Interface, Thinkpad T60 Notebook w/ Sonar X3 and various VSTi, Event TR8 monitors, Beyerdynamic DT-770 headphones
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to the Kronos:
no infos on the content of 'vintage keys' available? Wink
DaveBoulden

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of Rich's video demos showed off some Mellotron sounds didn;t it? I think it was the Mellotron strings, so that would seem to be one likely candidate to be in the Vintage Keys EXS.
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, Rich mentioned "tape based instrument recreations" on quite a few occasions, relating to that EXs.
Melodialworks Music
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilDragon wrote:
Yep, Rich mentioned "tape based instrument recreations" on quite a few occasions, relating to that EXs.

I think it was in his most recent video, he mentioned something about sound lasting for only X sec., just the way it was with the original instrument. I'll have to watch that video again. (A lot of information in it).
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was referring to Mellotron sounds. Mellotron tape sounds like these string sounds ended after 8 seconds.

So up to now we know about one clavinet sound and one Mellotron sound. I guess more information on 'vintage keys' in the Kronos is available to Korg staff. That's why I asked.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: