Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ronbo-Feb.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronbo27
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:57 pm    Post subject: ronbo-Feb. Reply with quote

Song called "Going Back"....been working on it for a while now...slipped a cello in to help push it along......
CHEERS!
Ron
http://www.soundclick.com/ronbo
georgeinar
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, the cello is cool. What a beautiful ballad this is. Such a full rich sound. Very clear sounding lyrics, such good enunciation does add a lot. I can tell you put everything into this. I luv the harmonies when you're building up, really lovely and yes, it is filled with your soul. This one caught me by surprise. Not sure why, I guess I didn't know I was going to get bolled over, but I did. You really nailed this one. This is the kind of song I might walk around humming from memory.
album cover
joet63

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ronbo, I really like 'Going Back', like George said you have put a lot into the song and it does show. the Cello is also cool, I just love the vibrato quality of the Cello, so much warmth flows from the strings I think. Keep it up Ronbo!
Reason 5, Record 1.5, KLC 1.2v, Korg MS2000, BR, Korg Electribe Series Mk11, Roland JV1080, Novation A Station, Novation Bass Station, Evolution 49 M/Controller, Yamaha PSR295,300,DSR 2000, E/Acoustic CPX900, Epiphone Sheraton, Suzuki Acoustic Guitar,
Washburn RB2500 Bass Guitar, Akai Pro ME30PII, Fostex Mixer, Korg DS-10, Korg PadKontrol.

www.myspace.com/joethompson63
Pumpkin King

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really well structured song. A great implementation of the cello. And the vocals, nice work. I wish I could sing... Laughing

Great job ronbo.
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ron The usual quality and neatness I have become so used to ......in the real genre of the soul... I love the vocal !!! Beautiful!!!!! and can ANYONE EVERY forget your romantic word enunciation .... as in the ones we loved before..!! And can we ever forget when we were younger..............or even just two or three or four years ago . . .
;
So lets don't go back too far ..., sorry Sad Sad

But you have another here of real feeling underlying and it gets to me as I felt so WELL on Swept Away Crying or Very sad You have the feel for broken hearts and lost romanticism and slow half-death ., AND Healing True LOVE... You have the FEEL for this material . . . My friend!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks and I just don't think I will comment more than to say ... Cheers my friend And yes how can any of us be what someone wants us to be.. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..

Will hold on to this a bit and thanks for such a memory to tear around in my heart for a while......

A very VERY Beautiful offering on my opinion and I will indeed enjoy this for a good while! ! !

You're Great .....! Johnny, John , ellll Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ronbo27
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yessiree....for some reason this was a labor of love putting together.
The cello comes from the venerable old Korg M-1....I still use it in some way for just about everything I come up with.
GEORGE...Glad to hear it might run around in your head now and then..a response we always hope to achieve. Thanks much!
Pumpkin...Take a shot at the vox....I`m never much fussy about my own voice but I guess I`m stuck with it....Thanks for commenting.
JOE...Glad you liked the listen! Me too, on liking the cello....just seemed to "fit" for me on this. Thanks!
JOHN...What a memory....re: "Swept Away"....hadn`t thought about that one in ages. I think you probably get where a lot of this stuff comes from...I hope it doesn`t come off as "maudlin" or "cheesy"....I`m going to have to change gears soon and pull out something a little more "upbeat"..just for the "halibut"...pardon the "east coast" pun...Always appreciate your comments Mate!
CHEERS!
Ron Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: