Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Seeing is Believing
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blazer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're all in the same boat; we're between a rock and a hard spot. If we sell a bunch of gear in order to fund Kronos (some already have), and find we don't like the workflow between Kronos and our computer sequencer then it's too late because at that point in time we've already committed. On the other hand, if we wait until Kronos hits the stores in order to find out the pros and cons of its computer integration, by then our equipment that we need to sell in order to fund Kronos is now worth less because Kronos with its advance technology has caused the value of our other keyboards to greatly diminish (And you wonder why you sense the anxiety in my post concerning this situation).

So my point is: it would be super nice if we could find out the scoop now - ahead of time - before Kronos arrives in the stores in May (or thereabouts).

Besides, Korg your company will make more sales. More musicians will be willing to sell their gear in order to buy Kronos if we can be sure that it plays nice in the studio.

Please Korg give us more information about Kronos' studio integration now or real soon. Show some support for your product. Decisions need to be made and soon. Pretty please. Shocked

P. S. I'm done talking about this. Korg, the balls in your court now....
Blazer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, one more thing.

I've been a Korg user for a long, long time.

I own or have owned the following Korg instruments:

Korg M1, T1, Wavestation, Polysix, the DSS 1 sampling keyboard, DDD-5 sampling drum machine, the korg super section - both the old Pss 50and the newer version the PSS 60 (btw, a little side note, unfortunately the PSS60 flopped because of a design error. It turns out that I was the guy (yeah that's right, it was me) that pointed out to Korg that it had no looping function like the PSS50 did. That meant that a 120 bpm song would last for only 3 minutes and then end. Oops. I phoned Korg thinking that they would fix this problem. Instead, they immediately withdrew it from the marketplace. Oh well...), check these out:

http://homepage.mac.com/synth_seal/html/pss60.html

the Korg Karma, the Triton Studio, both the Korg i2 and i3 series interactive keyboards (what they now refer to as arranger keyboards) as well as the Korg Pa1x arranger keyboard.

So I've been around the block a few times.
And I feel that Korg should certainly consider me to be a very good customer and one that deserves some respect and technical support.

Still hoping someone will address my concerns about Kronos.
It would sure be nice to be pleasantly surprised!
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blazer wrote:
Brother, where on Earth have you been for the last decade?"

And again...i am here for the last decade...and i am into 2011 probably way
before you...thats all i do every day, for living...sequencing and yes, i have
the M3 and XS and i've been using the M since the ES and i know how they
work well and yes, i still stand on what i EXACTLY originally said...i answered
to your original question which mentioned NO INTEGRATION, its was simple
about recording...as for integration i dont care if Motif integrates and Kronos
doesnt...i used a dedicated INTEGRATOR for that...enough 2011 now? Or 2012?
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:32 am    Post subject: Re: Seeing is Believing Reply with quote

Blazer wrote:
But I have yet to see the Kronos workflow in the studio.

In our English language that means exactly what it says, it doesnt mention
Integration nor anything else and thats the base i responded to...i dont know
what it means in Tunguzia where you live.
mkpcola

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chill out guys....

Korg Kronos has not been released to the public yet.
Its sequencer may not be the best.. but I really do believe it will have the job done right.
Trying to bring back bad experiences with other ancient keyboards doesn't help anyone either.

I think it is too premature to be opinionated at this point.
Blazer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nedim,

I don't want to start a flame war with you but after reading your comments I do feel compelled to offer a response. First of all, I live in Los Angeles (not Tunguzia wherever that's supposed to be). You state, and I quote:

"as for integration i dont care if Motif integrates and Kronos
doesnt"

Well if you don't care about integration, that's fine. It's a free country (well, sort of). Personally, I really, really do care. I bet others on this forum do too. And unlike you, I doubt that I could afford to own both the Motif XS and the Kronos.
So before I even consider selling the Motif XS (which I love dearly), I need to know if the Kronos "plays nice" with the computer even half as well as the Motif does.

I'm sorry about asking "where have you been for the last decade?". That was insulting and I'm sorry. But what set me off was your stating that:

"That probably doesnt make sense...that wont show nothing about the Kronos,
it will work exactly the same as any other synth...as for you it will work exactly
as much as you know about the sequencer and which sequencer it is.

Sorry Nedim, but that statement is totally inaccurate, and, you ought to know better since you own a Motif XS. How can you possibly say the Motif XS "works exactly the same with your computer sequencer" as your Korg M3?
That statement is utterly false and I'm calling you on it.

Now, while I am apologizing to you for overreacting to your false statement, you had a chance to be a bigger man than I was. But sadly, you decided to insult me and you did it more than once.

Also you said:

"as for integration i dont care if Motif integrates and Kronos
doesnt...i used a dedicated INTEGRATOR for that"

What in the freakin' world is a "dedicated INTEGRATOR"?

Lastly, you said in response to:

Blazer wrote:
But I have yet to see the Kronos workflow in the studio.

Nedim:
"In our English language that means exactly what it says, it doesnt mention
Integration nor anything else...."

How can you possibly have a good workflow with a computer sequencer if your keyboard integrates poorly with it? I have no idea what you mean by that comment. I find your statement utterly nonsensical.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I'd still really like to hear from some knowledgeable people who do care about computer integration. Personally, I'm gonna hold off on buying a Kronos, (as much as I would love to own one) until I get at least some of my computer integration questions at least addressed and hopefully answered.

Later

Last edited by Blazer on Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:33 am; edited 3 times in total
Blazer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mkpcola,

I wasn't trying to "bring back bad experiences with ancient keyboards". the PSS60 is not a keyboard. It's called a super section and provides backing tracks. In fact, I've enjoyed all the Korg keyboards I've owned - that's why i bought them in the first place. You say:

"I think it is too premature to be opinionated at this point."

I happen to agree with you. But my point is simply this: I really can't afford to wait to make a decision about buying Kronos. I/we could really use as much information as possible now (for the reasons I stated earlier about our equipment declining in value, probably fairly drastically). Besides, isn't gathering information about Kronos one of the main reasons for this section of the forum???
Michael Blue

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

X-Trade wrote:
...As far as a 'workflow', you should take a close look at M3, Triton, and most relevantly OASYS videos. The KRONOS has almost exactly the same operating system and most features are taken directly from the OASYS...

I really wish people would quit posting this response in regards to the USB/DAW integration of this workstation.

It has been stated directly by Korg that this is a new feature and will be much improved over anything the M3 had (the OASYS had no such feature at all).

So to say "look at the M3, it's basically the same" is completely incorrect.
Korg Triton Rack | Korg X3R | E-MU Planet Earth
Yamaha DX7 (for sale) | Siel DK80 | Yamaha Upright Piano
StudioOne Pro | Spectrasonics Omnisphere | Trilian
Cinematic Guitars | EZ Drummer | Steve Slate Drums
Formerly Korg OASYS 76 #000344
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: