Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dreaming of more immediate control!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:56 pm    Post subject: Dreaming of more immediate control! Reply with quote

I find myself wondering how nice it would be to have immediate control via some extra knobs and or buttons and or sliders, like a synth, for control of some of the parameters we can adjust now but only through the menus. Realtime sensitivity or algorithm changes real time effects changes, all seems good to me. At least give me midi so I jack into a synth and tweak from there. Maybe real time is misleading but I would like less menus and more knobs!
rrricky rrrecordo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, controls would be awesome. I had a set of Simmons electronic drums in the 80s, and the module had pots for each of the five pads to control pitch, pitch bend, attack, noise and sine wave levels, if memory serves. Sadly traded the kit off but eventually found a pawnshop special - a Drumfire Simmons knockoff - to fill in. I've always thought about buying a trash tom and duct taping the trigs in five different spots and then messing about with the controls.

But I ramble... realtime controls would be awesome and likely quite easily implemented by adding a MIDI or USB input to the WD design.
winged EEL

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, real editor/librarian type controls would be fantastic.

I've got my manual worn out shuffling back and forth the pages trying to learn basic patch editing and programing.

I have bout 10 patches that I've created from scratch trying to get into editing/programing, but to be honest after a relatively short period I find the user interface fatiguing and often end up very frustrated and lose interest.

This is what I predict...... shortly after I upgrade to the WD Oriental, Korg will announce the WD Xpanded or such, and it will have much more memory, USB and a slick editor/librarian for computer, but no retrofit for the previous WD models.

Doubtful that it will ever have MIDI, because I don't think that the highly dynamic sensitivity of the transducers would be properly translated via MIDI, and would be even more disappointing and as problematic, as the MIDI implementation on the original WD was.

I'd be delighted to hear of a new WD with USB!

Cheers
WaveDrummer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rrricky rrrecordo wrote:
I had a set of Simmons electronic drums in the 80s, and the module had pots for each of the five pads to control pitch, pitch bend, attack, noise and sine wave levels, if memory serves.

I still have mine! Very Happy
http://www.simmons.synth.net/sds5/

I've been saying this for awhile now but I hope to start a new thread dedicated to editing, hopefully this weekend. I have a few things I would like to share with everyone that should prove to be useful.

Time will tell...
rrricky rrrecordo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WaveDrummer wrote:

I still have mine! Very Happy
http://www.simmons.synth.net/sds5/

Beautiful! I also had the separate pad that you could snap eeproms into and two Claptraps. Traded it all away for a Yamaha KX5 and a Korg Poly800 to do a schtick in a Cyndi Lauper cover band. Seemed like a good idea at the time...
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know much about midi but if it is a problem fine USB is good also for me!
Kaden

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You lot are never satisfied, are you?
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WaveDrummer you are teasing us now! Editing isn't to bad but there is a lot to remember, for instance just what each base algorithm sounds like. A description can only take you so far when you haven't worked with them before! Makes for a short day on the weekends, twisting and tweaking and the next thing you know the day is gone!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavedrum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: