Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I liked it, but now I like it more! Odd tip?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xarnyz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:49 pm    Post subject: I liked it, but now I like it more! Odd tip? Reply with quote

I got the wavedrum yesterday and thought it was cool. But I didn't like all of the repetitive sample playback. I was looking for a more organic sound. So I went to global settings and turned sensitivity for the head all the way to 100. (which is turning -off- triggering practically)

ALL of the presets sound different now! Snares that produced funny pcm snare noises now are toms, and other neat stuff. All I hear now is the live sound processing of my fingers on the head (for the algos that use it, many of them, not just the double-size). Some presets are now unusable, but there's so many that are cool!

Some of the algorithms still manage to use noticable waveforms still.

I can still trigger pcm's even with sensitivity at 100 (if you hit it hard enough..) I just don't hit it that hard.

Just wanted to let you know, not sure if many people do this kind of thing, I stumbled over it while editing patches (to get the raw impulse input and send it into software that simulates membranes).
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool I'll give it a try, this is the reason I started the thread asking for more knobs for control or midi.
Panason

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought you can remove the PCM elements by just editing presets?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavedrum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: