Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Simple sequencer for Korg M50

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Sequencers / Audio recording packages.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zelea2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:59 pm    Post subject: Simple sequencer for Korg M50 Reply with quote

Hello,

I was wondering if some of the experienced guys from this forum could point out some external sequencer programs for a beginner.

All I want is an extension of the internal sequencer on my PC where I could easily edit track notes and timing and then play them back on my M50. The MIDI files I will produce must not be portable since I will use all of the M50 instruments not just the GM ones.

At this point I don't need a DAW software. I have tried to use Reaper and although it seems capable of doing all the above but it is much to complex for what I'm trying to do. I don't want the PC audio output, just recording MIDI events from my keyboard, edit them and them play them back on the same keyboard.

Any pointers are welcomed.
zelea2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Simple sequencer for Korg M50 Reply with quote

zelea2 wrote:

All I want is an extension of the internal sequencer on my PC where I could easily edit track notes and timing and then play them back on my M50. The MIDI files I will produce must not be portable since I will use all of the M50 instruments not just the GM ones.

Replying to myself ...

What I have actually found to fulfill my requirements are score editor programs which can record played midi, edit the scores and then play them back. The ones I like are Rosegarden (Linux) and Finale PrintMusic (Windows).
Gargamel314
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think i know what you're asking ... there's no way to edit sequences in SEQ mode of the M50. DAW software is you're only choice... but there are more entry-level sequencers that will do what you need. You might look at Sonar X1 Essential for this... it's not terribly expensive ($140) and has a lot more power than the M50's sequencer. Logic and Cubase probably have their entry-level versions too. Just keep in mind if you're using the M50, you won't need any of the audio plugins or software synthesizers that come with the bigger packages.

Sonar has a nifty staff notation view where you can see the music and edit it from there. I wouldn't suggest it for actual notation, but for editing MIDI events, it's excellent, and I'm able to edit out mistakes very quickly with it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Sequencers / Audio recording packages. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: