Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ideas on a better commercial launch of PA3X

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mighty theo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:13 pm    Post subject: Ideas on a better commercial launch of PA3X Reply with quote

I am currently a little bit dissapointed in Korg because everytime they launch an almost similar PA..X arranger on the market instead of upgrading the previous one until it works the way it should work. I have always been told that the reason to stick with Korg is their excellent update policy. I used to be a true Korg believer.

I bought a PA1XPRO several years ago and when the PA2XPRO came out, i bought the PA2XPRO as well. What dissapointed me was that Korg delivered highly capabe hardware but internal only a few new sounds (after an upgrade 2.0). I decided to wait...The pianosounds of the PA2X are still very poor and the OS is not very stable.

And now they are doing it again! A new PA3X keyboard with only minor improvements compared to the PA2X that lets everybody hesitate whether to buy it. I truly believe that Korg should have lived up to it's promises and update the PA2X with these sounds that should have been in there from the beginning. I think that all those PA2X owners earn the sounds that are from the SV-1 because it is similar hardware.

Korg, by following this marketing model, you'll never win the market share from Yamaha Tyros becouse they at least deliver more value for money. The only discriminating factor is your upgrade policy. I think it is fair to sell an upgrade but please do not let us buy a keyboard with no or limited value which is simply not fair. The changes berween each PA..X are just too litle.

I also believe that the PA3X should offer much more new sounds and features so, that make it will make it a happy purchase. However, my biggest point is that the lifecycle of a PA..X should be extended with at least 3..5 commercial upgrades that allow the user to pay a fair upgrade price to update his keyboard and only pay for added customer value. Also selling upgrades is a lot cheaper and delivers a perfect time to market compared to launching a new keyboard with almost no new features.

I hope that this analysis was of service to you.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember the release of the Tyros 4, just a few moths ago, and everyone was complaining about the minor upgrade it was to a Tyros 3... Even the initial online demos on the youtube didn't convince to many people.

Untill people played/demoed/heared the Tyros 4 in real time, and then they where sold as the improvement in sound quallity (SA(2) voices/styles/drums) was "huge" over the Tyros3...

This might also happen when people start hearing PA3X with their own ears..
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man T 4 is awesome on the Stage And its sooo clear sounds, its so beutiful that user ,s cant stop playin on it, i had it here 2 days NO sleep , KORG, is god but only thing is the sounds, is not real, T 4 sounds like VSTI, Incredible styles.

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
Pa2x

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its all down to business. They make much much more money by making and selling new kb with different colour and few minor software upgrades than making new OS for old KB.

Yamaha was first to do this with tyros, and now other manufacturers are doing the same thing, some offer a bit more than others.
Ronnymusic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing being lame, is that they don't even tell us when they have plan for releasing date!

Regards, Ronny
Vangelismusic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pa2x wrote:
Its all down to business. They make much much more money by making and selling new kb with different colour and few minor software upgrades than making new OS for old KB.

Yamaha was first to do this with tyros, and now other manufacturers are doing the same thing, some offer a bit more than others.

Although I love my PA800, I am disappointed after not having an upgrade of the O.S. for so long, what's the idea of a keyboard that is upgradable with an end to an upgrade? is it perfect? no bugs? don't think so,I get it, out with the old, in with the new! new is better, less money in my pocket more money for manufacturer, (SUBLIMINAL MESSAGE) did I get it? I don't think so.
EnSoNiQuEs~

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's how it is fellas. Almost same music in the OASYS threads, powerful hardware, but after few years, the upgrades stop, and you have to buy the new hardware with some software changes.

It is more beneficial for the manufacturer to sell us an entire keyboard for thousands, than to simply offer an upgrade for few hundred of dollars.

Out with the old, in with the semi-new. Still have my Korg X3 synth, and right after I bought it, to my huge dissapointment, found out that the PCM expansion cards were no longer sold! There's goes the possibility of an upgrade....it was true back in 1994 and it is true today.

Peace~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: