Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

European prices and release dates from Musikmesse???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vincent,

the Yamaha XF is a nice instrument, but it is still just an advanced(!) ROMpler with additional user flash memory, not a multi-engine instrument like the Kronos.

So a Kronos is much more than an FX, and also significantly more than what has been there in the Oasys (which neither you nor me could or would afford so far, as I guess).

I understand that you want a price not too different from US price values in € plus tax. But any reasoning that the Kronos is not worth a price between 3000 and 4000€ (for the different versions) can only be answered by yourself.

To me it is worth it. If not to you, you just don't buy it.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:22 pm    Post subject: Dutch prices Reply with quote

According to a dutch site, the price of the Kronos will be revealed in the last week of June. First delivery at July or August.

Another web site states: available in 11 weeks but that was a few weeks ago too so they don't update regularly.

I don't know if the Netherlands are representative for Europe, but it seems that there will be quite some waiting time before we actually will be able to buy/test the Kronos.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absurd situation:

Now the biggest German reseller has the Jupiter 80 on order
- with price tag (2999 Euro)
- and with delivery date August 28 in Germany

The Jupiter 80 has been announced at Musikmesse a few days ago. On the other hand, the Kronos has been announced in January at Namm. Up to now no Europen delivery dates or prices!

Can anybody explain why Roland can be that fast with their European announcements, and Korg so incredibly lame for many months?
Can anything (price relations, uncertain economy, difficult conditions in Japan) seriously be called the difference that makes a difference?
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how much Korg regrets stating a price for the states. Realize it was done before the turmoil in Japan. I can't help but wonder if they hadn't planned on a reales of information to the Eu but after the quake decided to hold off for obvious reasons. I wouldn't be surprised to see a price increase here in the states and if that is the case a bunch of very angry people not making the announcement over the pond does prevent that. Although you guys are a but putoff now how mad would you be to have the price increased at the last minute.
jmexio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to reiterate some info posted before: here in Argentina the price for Kronos has been available from day one also (mid january). No firm info on when it's coming, but the local importer never announces such things, so it's what I would expect from them. Unofficially, last time I asked, it was more or less in sync with the US, but no exact date.

So, as it has been stated before, complain to Korg EU Smile

Even a third world country like ours has more info Laughing

Having said that, I would not be surprised if the actual price changes once Kronos gets here. They usually announce the price of the moment they publish the information (mid jan), but then adjust it when the hardware is here. They do it all the time, with new and old products, so, again, nothing out of the ordinary.

I would also expect delays, as my M3 took two extra months because of some issues in customs back in the time.

Cheers,
Juan Miguel
orpheus2006
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
Up to now no Europen delivery dates or prices!
I got the following information at Musikmesse: Q3/2011 and 3000-4000€.

jmexio wrote:
Even a third world country like ours has more info Laughing
Not sure if the "more" info you have will be more accurate in the end. Wink
Korg M3-88 w/ EXB-Radias, Yamaha Motif Rack w/ PLG150-AN & PLG150-DR, Novation A-Station, RME Multiface II Audio Interface, Thinkpad T60 Notebook w/ Sonar X3 and various VSTi, Event TR8 monitors, Beyerdynamic DT-770 headphones
jmexio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

orpheus2006 wrote:
Not sure if the "more" info you have will be more accurate in the end. Wink

Exactly! It happens all the time, as I said, with both prices and delivery dates.

But, then again, I know the Kronos 88 will be around the 4400 dollar mark here, so at least I know that I'll need more than 4000 and less than 5000...

And a few extra jobs! Laughing

Cheers,
Juan Miguel
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The question was why Roland Japan can become very concrete in Europe in no time, while Korg Japan needs half a year for the same effort.
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
The question was why Roland Japan can become very concrete in Europe in no time, while Korg Japan needs half a year for the same effort.

For some reason, Korg Japan appears to be waiting to closer to delivery to set European wholesale prices (and therefore European retail prices).

It is what it is. I am confident that the European prices will be set and announced some time prior to shipping.
robinkle

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MartinHines wrote:
jimknopf wrote:

For some reason, Korg Japan appears to be waiting to closer to delivery to set European wholesale prices (and therefore European retail prices).

It is what it is. I am confident that the European prices will be set and announced some time prior to shipping.

Could be that Korg Announced Kronos on a earlier stage then what Roland did.
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on what I've said before, and what I've learned from "reliable sources", I was correct - it is related to the disaster in Japan, the effects of that on international trade, and waiting to see what's going to happen with the yen exchange rate.

And if you say, once again, "well how come Roland and Yamaha have made price announcements recently?" - the honest answer is "Korg is not required to do what Yamaha and Roland do. They are a different company, managed by a different team with a different style, with their own opinions on how to deal with fluctuations in currency exchange rates and the impact of the disaster on international trade in the next several months. They can do whatever they see fit to do as the best thing for their company, they are not required to mimic Roland or Yamaha, and right now that apparently means not setting a concrete European price. Why not just accept it, and move on? Wink

robinkle

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StephenKay wrote:
Based on what I've said before, and what I've learned from "reliable sources", I was correct - it is related to the disaster in Japan, the effects of that on international trade, and waiting to see what's going to happen with the yen exchange rate.

And if you say, once again, "well how come Roland and Yamaha have made price announcements recently?" - the honest answer is "Korg is not required to do what Yamaha and Roland do. They are a different company, managed by a different team with a different style, with their own opinions on how to deal with fluctuations in currency exchange rates and the impact of the disaster on international trade in the next several months. They can do whatever they see fit to do as the best thing for their company, they are not required to mimic Roland or Yamaha, and right now that apparently means not setting a concrete European price. Why not just accept it, and move on? Wink

Hard to accept that, "we" are very truly amazingly impatient people, who got serious mental G.A.S right now. Sad
It is hard to swallow. But I agree with you.
rkuli

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StephenKay wrote:

And if you say, once again, "well how come Roland and Yamaha have made price announcements recently?" - the honest answer is "Korg is not required to do what Yamaha and Roland do. Wink

I also would imagine that Yamaha at least has a much more robust and complex method of dealing with currency fluctuation (fx, forwards, swaps and other trading hedges managed by professional financial services firms) in addition to being large enough to absorb some slippage/fluctuation - and with enough subsidiaries and other operations that currency can stay local and used for other operations are moved around at a later date when conditions improve. I imagine Roland is a significantly larger corporation than Korg albeit much smaller than Yamaha.

-RK-

ex-ex SK5, PSS 680, DX7
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StephenKay wrote:

I have no doubts that Korg can do whatever they want concerning this.

But I have big doubts that many European customers will appreciate being treated like that, and as you see, I belong to those who are critical towards this kind of behavior, in this case also in comparison to that of other companies from the same country dealing with the same problems. Just looks like a bad performance in comparison to me. So what? Wink

Of course I have to accept it, and of course I move on. I just won't begin to like it.
RKfan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
They can do whatever they see fit to do as the best thing for their company, they are not required to mimic Roland or Yamaha, and right now that apparently means not setting a concrete European price. Why not just accept it, and move on?

Stephen,
we can accept that Korg may not be setting a price yet, that's fine and I think it would be wise to move on.

However, if they get the price wrong (i.e. too high) then quite a few people in Europe won't move on, they will move away - some people may buy gear from other Japanese companies which will be a double blow for Korg - a lost sale and more revenues for a rival (never a good thing).

I hope that the EU guys are considering a pricing structure that won't lose them sales... Just hoping it works because I really want one of these (like I wanted an Audi A5 last year, but because the price was wrong, sales guy was too greedy I bought something else - also German but faster and with more toys and still have cash left over for a new keyboard).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: