Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A realization today

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: A realization today Reply with quote

Today it really set in how nice it would be to have a foot switch so I could switch between 1, 2, 3, & 4, and bank A, B, & C. I would really love that, just keep a going and click a foot switch instead of juggling sticks or rhythm to get it done.
Kaden

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, *everything* goes better with a footswitch.

That said, even when loaded into live mode there are some programs that still have a bit of a stutter when activated, so attempts at a seamless transition would still be for nought.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep some still have a slight delay but nothing like the wait for the darn knob to be turned and a lot quicker then me dropping a beat while trying to push a button. I suck as a drummer so any help is a relief! Laughing
Slabwax

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would also be very helpful is a daisy chain out of the program set buttons so you can change patches on multiple drums with one drum. Add an up and down foot switch and boom now we're talking.

Slabwax

I sure hope the kind engineers at korg read the forum.
WaveDrummer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slabwax wrote:
I sure hope the kind engineers at korg read the forum.
Sadly, I'm pretty sure they don't. It's just us!
WaveDrummer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaden wrote:
That said, even when loaded into live mode there are some programs that still have a bit of a stutter when activated, so attempts at a seamless transition would still be for nought.

Hmmm, this shouldn't be happening. Let me point something out though.
Once you assign sounds to all the Live Mode locations, they should appear without any delay when called up. BUT...selecting sounds with the VALUE dial could interrupt this process. Here's how.

For example, suppose you have sounds already saved to all 12 Live Mode locations. Let's suppose you have #15 Djembe assigned to A-1. Now, if you're playing the sound in A-1 but then start selecting different sounds with the Value dial, this will have an effect on the memory. So if you then press A-2 it should immediately go to whatever sound you have assigned to that location. But if you hit A-1 again, there will probably be a delay in calling up the Djembe sound because you had previously altered that sound by turning the VALUE dial.

Once the Djembe sound appears again though, you should be able jump back and forth between the Live Mode sounds without any delay.

Does this make sense? This happened to me many times before I realized what was going on.

Remember, whenever you select different sounds using the VALUE dial, you are already in Live Mode, so that means that you HAD to be in one of the Live Mode locations—A 1-4, B-1-4, or C-1-4. As soon as you turn that dial you are temporarily effecting the memory of that location point. Unless you go back to the original sound before pressing another location point button, the next time you go back to where you started, there will be a slight delay in calling up the sound.

I can almost guarantee that once the original sound is retrieved, you should be able to jump from button to button without any delay.

To test this is simple. If you ever experience delay in calling up sounds in Live Mode, go through EVERY sound, A 1-4, B-1-4, or C-1-4 without touching the VALUE dial. If there is any delay it is probably because some of those sound had been "temporarily" altered.

Now, if you go back through every sound in Live Mode for a second time, the transitions should be seamless.
WaterDrum

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a footswitch could be included , but it probably means ,
that the WD must be nearly totally disassembled and 6 points soldered...
not so easy this mod ..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavedrum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: