Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Midi Settings for nanoPAD and iMS-20

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tense

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:45 am    Post subject: Midi Settings for nanoPAD and iMS-20 Reply with quote

Hi,

I did some searching before posting... but, really didn't come up with much.

I have read the manual for the iMS-20 and I know I have to edit the nanoPAD with "Kontrol Editor" for the correct CC#. But, I am having difficulty understanding how to go about doing this. Can someone kind enough lend me a hand. I have the nanoPAD 1 and it doesn't auto configure. I just want to use the thing for the drum pads with FLAM and ROLL working properly. Nothing fancy. Just simply what it was meant for.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can lend me. I am new to all this.
roxxx303

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:57 am    Post subject: Re: Midi Settings for nanoPAD and iMS-20 Reply with quote

Tense wrote:
Hi,

I did some searching before posting... but, really didn't come up with much.

I have read the manual for the iMS-20 and I know I have to edit the nanoPAD with "Kontrol Editor" for the correct CC#. But, I am having difficulty understanding how to go about doing this. Can someone kind enough lend me a hand. I have the nanoPAD 1 and it doesn't auto configure. I just want to use the thing for the drum pads with FLAM and ROLL working properly. Nothing fancy. Just simply what it was meant for.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can lend me. I am new to all this.

Hi Tense,

I don't own the nanopad, but in the iMS20-manual they write:

- The Drum Machine receives MIDI notes for each part. (MIDI 2-7ch receive)

So I think you must set up the nanopad with the editor that the pads send on the right midi-channels.
For example Pad 1 sends midi-note C1 on midi-channel 2.
So you can play the first Track of the Drum-machine with this pad and load for example a Bass-Drum-patch.
Pad 2 is configured to send midi-note D1 on midi-channel 3.
So you can play the second Track of the Drum-machine with this pad and load for example a Snare-Drum-patch to the second drum-track from the iMS20-library.
And so on for HiHats... Cool

The notes can you configure as you like, but the important part is that the midi-channels are 2-7.
The nanopad standard is global to channel 1, so you can only play the synth of the iMS20!

Flam and roll should work with the pads as usual I think!

Hope this helps!
Korg Gadget, iM1, iMS20, iKaossilator, iElectribe, Korg DS-10, Korg Volca Keys, Minimax ASB, Roland TB-303, TR-606, Novation Drumstation, x0xb0x alu, Yamaha CS2x, Ableton Live 9, Les Paul Cherry Sunburst.
Past Gear:
Electribe MX-1, Kaossilator Pro, AIRA TR-8, Novation Bass-Station, Roland JX8P, Roland Alpha-Juno 1, Roland MC-303, Yamaha RM1X.
absynton

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which, alas, makes the nanoPad (which I bought too) useless for us...
roxxx303

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

absynton wrote:
Which, alas, makes the nanoPad (which I bought too) useless for us...

Do you refer to this?:
-The nanopad standard is global to channel 1, so you can only play the synth of the iMS20!

But you CAN change the global channel 1 to a special one for each pad using the Editor!
So its NOT useless!
Korg Gadget, iM1, iMS20, iKaossilator, iElectribe, Korg DS-10, Korg Volca Keys, Minimax ASB, Roland TB-303, TR-606, Novation Drumstation, x0xb0x alu, Yamaha CS2x, Ableton Live 9, Les Paul Cherry Sunburst.
Past Gear:
Electribe MX-1, Kaossilator Pro, AIRA TR-8, Novation Bass-Station, Roland JX8P, Roland Alpha-Juno 1, Roland MC-303, Yamaha RM1X.
absynton

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the manual: The KORG KONTROL Editor lets you edit the parameters in your Korg MIDI controller, and save the
settings on your computer.
If I edit the parameters I can save them on my PC, yes. But how on God's green earth do I tell my iPad this?
DBM

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

absynton wrote:
From the manual: The KORG KONTROL Editor lets you edit the parameters in your Korg MIDI controller, and save the
settings on your computer.
If I edit the parameters I can save them on my PC, yes. But how on God's green earth do I tell my iPad this?

The nano pad holds 4 presets or scenes . You make them on the editor and then save them to the unit . It's all in the instructions . Nothing to with the iPad except plug n play .
absynton

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for poinring this out, DBM.
I apologize for my short-sighted reactions, I will read the manial properly and write 'I must RTFM' a 1000 times.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: