Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question on Sample Transference

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cast

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:24 am    Post subject: Question on Sample Transference Reply with quote

As I am still a new user of this device, I am unsure as to the procedure in which I transfer my in-system samples on towards my personal computer for storage. I remember hearing that this was a doable thing, I only cannot find mention of this in the user manual. It's becoming rather unpleasant to delete sample after sample I would rather keep all to make more room on device, and so I would appreciate assistance very muchly. When my MicroSampler would be attached via USB, its hardware and drive would not appear in the control panel of my computer, though at the same time being fully operable with my FL Studios program, and so it's not that the connection is faulting.

Edit: Another note I should add, as I see that the manual makes reference to an added editor program within the packaging of the device. I received no such disc. If this happens to be the problem in itself, perhaps one can redirect me towards the appropriate software online for download?
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MS won't appear as a storage drive on your PC. You need to download the driver and software from Korg's website. It will be in the "Support" section.

Once you've downloaded and installed both, open the editor and make sure it says "Connected" on the top right corner. From there, you click "Communication" and then "Receive Current Bank." From here, you can either create one easily loadable backup file containing everything within that bank (samples, effects, patterns, etc.), or extract the samples individually as WAV or AIFF.
Cast

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thank you very much for that. All is rightfully working.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: