Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone tried the new Gorillaz iElectribe edition?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hugo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:34 am    Post subject: Anyone tried the new Gorillaz iElectribe edition? Reply with quote

Anyone tried the new Gorillaz iElectribe edition?
hazabikit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I got it, and it's a lot of fun.

I'd never heard of Gorillaz before I installed this app, so I don't have any idea what the band is about... I just like the music in the app.
Brunzenstein

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:54 pm    Post subject: Is there a way... Reply with quote

...to get the soundbasis out of the gorillaz edition and into the "standard" iPad electribe version one bought only hours before the gorillaz came out?
Aciphecs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hazabikit wrote:
Yep, I got it, and it's a lot of fun.

I'd never heard of Gorillaz before I installed this app, so I don't have any idea what the band is about... I just like the music in the app.

Wow, that's hard to believe Shocked Great group, you should check out some of their "live" performances or videos. They are a virtual group, so all the members are animated characters. Very unique idea\concept\music\group! I love 'em and am pissed I didn't get that iPad with my tax money Evil or Very Mad

BP Facebook Page

BP Youtube Channel
Blarneystone

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't even aware of the iElectribe apps until the Gorillaz one hit the front page of the app store. As a garage band addict, I went ahead and got it. It took me probably 2 hours to figure out how to work it, but now I am mixing beats. Lots of fun.

Just wishing/hoping for a way to import my own samples. Anyone know if it can be done?
Miggz McFly

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

one thing bad about the app. read the terms and conditions....
artpunk

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 6:55 am    Post subject: T & C Reply with quote

Miggz McFly wrote:

Yes, I bought this app and then saw the terms right down at the bottom of the app description in the App store. Sure, this version is a lot of fun, but as I understand it from the T&C, whatever you do, no matter how much you tweak the loaded preset sounds...you can't use them?? (or am I wrong? Always happy to be shown that I'm wrong)

Thankfully I have iMS20 and the other iElectribe.
I'm wondering why Korg hasn't introduced the ability to load users own samples into these apps, that would make for some truly incredible musical tools on the iPad.
Blarneystone

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: T & C Reply with quote

artpunk wrote:
Miggz McFly wrote:

Sure, this version is a lot of fun, but as I understand it from the T&C, whatever you do, no matter how much you tweak the loaded preset sounds...you can't use them?? (or am I wrong? Always happy to be shown that I'm wrong)

I don't think that is true. What they are talking about is using the custom sounds in recognizeable format. Like The clip donkamatic. If you just tune it up or down a few octaves, that's a violation. But if you turn off decay etc, etc, to where it's just a beep in the key of A#. Then, it can't be a violation. 1. They would need forensic engineers working around the clock to assess every new song to catch people at this. 2. The Federal copywrite law (as I understand it) says you can use someone else's work as a inspiration for yours. you can do that by creating the work and then creating another work based upon the work you created.

It is not specific to prevent a bunch of lawsuits over people using similar riffs in music and similar themes in movies. Thus, concevably, if you took a combination of the sounds, from that made a unique beat pattern and then tweaked that pattern with echo or sustain, they would have no legal claim on that work.
artpunk

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: T & C Reply with quote

Blarneystone wrote:

1. They would need forensic engineers working around the clock to assess every new song to catch people at this.

That makes sense...(as I said, I am always happy to be shown I'm wrong in my assumptions about things)
It would be great if the Gorillaz team outlined what they would consider allowable usage/tweakage.
Smile
Blarneystone

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't exactly say you are wrong. Especially in this sue happy day and age. Confused

I don't see how they can sell what amounts to a music maker (instrument) and then claim all rights to the music produced by it. But I also wouldn't put it past the companies from suing people if the music too closely resembles existing tunes.

I wonder how they'd handle it if we used it to make a song by another artist? Like we use the Gorillaz ielectribe to reproduce Purple Rain by Prince. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: