Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Here's the link to the PA3X Demos. With my comments.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
centauramp

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:43 pm    Post subject: Here's the link to the PA3X Demos. With my comments. Reply with quote

The link is hard to get with some browsers.
http://www.korgpa.com/en/products/arrangers/pa3x/pa3x-demo.html
Now here's my comments on it.
The audio is not as good as playing the demo from your keyboard. Also with any of the the models you don't no what your actually listing to, it's all a secret. These may be very high quality wave files, I have the PA1XPro Elite and some of those songs there's just to many notes playing in the arrangement to not be exceeding the 64 note limit. The keyboard locks you out during demos.
The more I'm seeing on this new model, my bet is the 1st reviews from someone in the USA who is lucky enough to receive there's, will have great things to say about it.
The MP3 audio player with chord analyzer seems to work good.
The remove vocal on MP3 works good with the demo, but BEWARE I have seen this done before and it only works where the vocals are placed on the center channel. So it may not work on all MP3's. I do like the new features with the recording of a chord pattern and then have it loop. The the auto fill with break with the variation change is a real plus. The search function on the song list will be very helpfull. I could not tell but does the chord analyzer with MP3 playing, display the chords on screen, so you can play along even if you don't know the song?
With more SSD available I believe the sounds will be a much higher quality and a wider selection. The much longer list of multisamples alone should provide getting closer to the sound you want, over all previous models. I'm a little unsure of how much control we will have with the added effects, will just have to see how it works once it gets to the USA

I'm of the opinion that this instrument with all the computerized built in software and control, could be the next generation for musicians who want there job back from the DJ's who took all the jobs with the karaoke and all. Now lets see them try to put on a DJ or Karaoke show and play live with the songs backing the singer. Imagine the amateur singer now is getting his own harmony with pitch correction. Or if they just want DJ, wala, it can do that to. What! you say the song is to slow for dancing, just speed it up. All this should be able to be done with this keyboard no more Karaoke disc or players necessary. Good job Korg.
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Here's the link to the PA3X Demos. With my comments. Reply with quote

centauramp wrote:

Imagine the amateur singer now is getting his own harmony with pitch correction. Or if they just want DJ, wala, it can do that to. What! you say the song is to slow for dancing, just speed it up. All this should be able to be done with this keyboard no more Karaoke disc or players necessary. Good job Korg.

I disagree with this statement. For $500 or so (Street price) you can get the latest TC helicon voicelive 2. There's all kinds of high quality DJ hardware out there that can do all kinds of effect to an audio track in real time. So basically, if you're not really into playing and just want to put up a show you can totally do that with a lot less money than you would pay for a PA3x. The only reason you could see PA3x a competition to DJs, is that you're not familiar with a good DJ setup that doesn't cost a lot by the way.

I agree with your comments about the demos. The polyphony thing and the fact that a busy arrangement could put a lot of pressure on the keyboard in real time...it could only be tested by users. Otherwise, you can do all kinds of studio tricks to a demo. I dont' know how people already have this unit in their hands. I still haven't seen a floor models anywhere.

karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
These may be very high quality wave files, I have the PA1XPro Elite and some of those songs there's just to many notes playing in the arrangement to not be exceeding the 64 note limit. The keyboard locks you out during demos.

How can you actually tell (hear) when there are 64 notes being played???????

'Tis all MIDI sequences my friend ..... no cheating from Korg Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Here's the link to the PA3X Demos. With my comments. Reply with quote

centauramp wrote:
Imagine the amateur singer now is getting his own harmony with pitch correction.

Sorry, but I don't subscribe to the common theory that pitch correction is going to save everyone who stands in front of a mic. 99.9% of amateurs I've come across have some sort of pitching problem, from those who are just a bit off to those who shouldn't be let into the same room as a mic. Let's be honest, there are a good number of pros now, and making big hits, who'd be a disaster if it were not for pitch correction. I know it's all under the guise of saving expensive studio time, but, come on, let's not be under the illusion that pitch correction is going to make anyone a good singer. It's a bit old fashioned, but how about learning to sing on key. Oh, and there's a little thing called talent.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assyrianpianist wrote:
I dont' know how people already have this unit in their hands. I still haven't seen a floor models anywhere

+1 Confused

Giner wrote:
Sorry, but I don't subscribe to the common theory that pitch correction is going to save everyone who stands in front of a mic. 99.9% of amateurs I've come across have some sort of pitching problem, from those who are just a bit off to those who shouldn't be let into the same room as a mic. Let's be honest, there are a good number of pros now, and making big hits, who'd be a disaster if it were not for pitch correction.

Agree !!!!
Pitch correction:-
    Does not improve your singing at all - possibly the opposite!!
    If you need pitch correction, you need singing lessons.
    If you don't know if you need pitch correction or not, you shouldn't be singing at all Wink (unless at home for fun)!!
    Is a fun-at-home thing for those Karaoke parties.
    Is a cop-out for non-singers trying to break into singing without the effort.
    Pros making hits with the help of pitch correction, should be exposed or at least not charge anything for their CDs!!!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Wink

Last edited by karmathanever on Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:42 am; edited 2 times in total
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, it's something to have inside info leaked months ahead of official release time, but to actually have the hardware all over the place for people to make home videos on the internet??? I dont' know about this man. Not that I'm in a hurry to get it, but all these people can't be all Beta testers, or can they?

karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
but all these people can't be all Beta testers, or can they?

Hey Sam
Don't you and I deserve to be Beta testers? Wink
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Quote:
but all these people can't be all Beta testers, or can they?

Hey Sam
Don't you and I deserve to be Beta testers? Wink

he he he...we totally deserve it, but then you have to give it back to them! Sad ending...

karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam wrote:
but then you have to give it back to them

...not if they can't find me Wink
Paolo@Korg
Korg Italy

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Just a quick note to remember that Pa3X's Voice Processor gets its algorithms from TC-Helicon's VoiceLive 2. You can expect to get very similar results to that beautiful processor.

As for the use of pitch correction: I agree that it should not be meant to hide faults in one's singing. The more out of tune a singer is, the more artificial the pitch corrector sounds, immediately revealing the singer's faults.

The nice thing in pitch correctors, it that they can correct minor quirks, and they can do it in a very natural way - if they are of very high quality. Therefore, they might not be of great help for bad singers, but they are a great help for good singers. Think of a security net for excellent acrobats.

We (and TC-Helicon) are not trying to do the magic with special effects, smoke curtains or the like. Being a good player and/or singer right from the start, is the ideal condition of our typical customer (either pro or amateur). We are just trying to "smooth things out".

Best,
Paolo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: