Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg is torturing me
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
drama1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geeeze, I couldn't agree more. The difference between the 73 and 88 is 5 freaking lbs. Throw a case in the mix and you're up to 70 lbs or more. If a 73 C-C semi-weighted Kronos were being made I would have one on order right now. As it is, I'm probably going to stick with the M3-73 for now.
Gargamel314
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really don't have room for an 88-key workstation... so i'm glad a 73-key weighted version is available. I've never owned one with weighted keys before with the exception of a real piano, so i'm pretty excited to get my hands on the Kronos 73.

I always wondered why Korg switched to 73 keys vs the traditional 76-key keybed. 3 keys doesn't seem worth disrupting industry standards. To me it just seems weird. Especially considering one won't fit into a standard sized case snugly.

BTW - wondering about cases. Anyone have one picked out yet? Just trying to figure what's going to be the best fit for a Korg Kronos.
Chriskk

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a traditional 73/76 key synths the bottom E-B is useless to me. I don't go super low but it's nice to be able to play the low D or Eb. I applauded Korg when they came up with the C-to-C M3. Too bad Korg didn't implement it on the Kronos. Well, I doubt Korg will introduce a 73/76 key synth action version of the Kronos. It would cost them a ton of money to alter the manufacturing process.
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 1:57 am    Post subject: Re: Korg is torturing me Reply with quote

Chriskk wrote:
I hope Korg offers a synth action version of the 73 Sad

I would not count on it. If there is a Kronos2, Korg might release one -- assuming the Kronos 73 doesn't sell as well as expected.
robinkle

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have much space, and I want Weighted keys. So Kronos 73 is perfect for me. Smile
Akos Janca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nightowl3272 wrote:
My OASYS is collecting dust because I simply can't bring it on a plane; it's too big, too heavy, and too fragile for flight. I thought the Kronos was the answer as it appears to be a smaller/lighter OASYS (and more) but Korg threw me a curve ball. Confused

I think JUST for traveling you don't need a Kronos.

A hint: Leave your O at home. Bring a pendrive with all your settings/files and rent a Kronos abroad (easier than getting an OASYS) as it will be 100% compatible with OASYS sounds.

PS. Yes, it will cost some money but if Kronos will be common then maybe not that much. Benefit: Your OASYS will be safe at home.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: